BDE/MSSQL Server 2000 drivers and proper configuration

I am moving a BDE based Delphi application to MSSQL Server 2000.  What
are the best drivers and proper configuration for this?  I can connect
via ODBC, but when I try the native MSSQL I get a "vendor init" error.
I am using BDE 5.2 with Delphi.  Removing the BDE and using dbExpress or
dbGo is not an option at this point.

One related note, Oracle is what I usually work against and I use DOA.
   Is there a similar package for MSSQL 2000?

Thanks in advance.

- Asher Atkinson

Re:BDE/MSSQL Server 2000 drivers and proper configuration

I got the vendor init problem fixed by installing the SQL Server client
tools.  Now I need to work out the trusted connection problem (see post
to this group by Emile on 6/10).

I am still curious to know the pros and cons of the ODBC drivers vs the
native drivers.  And about a DOA-like set of data access components.

- Asher Atkinson

Re:BDE/MSSQL Server 2000 drivers and proper configuration

My understanding is that MS SQL 2000 is not supported by the native BDE drivers.  This might explain your connection problem.
"Asher Atkinson" <ash...@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3EE94485.3040809@rcn.com...
> I got the vendor init problem fixed by installing the SQL Server client
> tools.  Now I need to work out the trusted connection problem (see post
> to this group by Emile on 6/10).

> I am still curious to know the pros and cons of the ODBC drivers vs the
> native drivers.  And about a DOA-like set of data access components.

> - Asher Atkinson

Other Threads