DAO with Delphi

Hi.

Anyone knows where I can download a component on the subj? I programmed in
access for a long time and I just love the Jet Engine (for it's simplicity
and speed mainly -what else is there?). But I love Delphi as well.
I know there is (or was) this componnet DAO-Connect, but I could not find
any place where to download it.

Any suggestion will help me a lot.

Thank you.

Re:DAO with Delphi

Try looking for Diamond Access, because I use it with Delphi 3 and
Delphi 5.
If you go to www.kylecordes.com  in the BDE - Alternatives section there
is a link to the web site for Diamond Access. You'll also find
other DAO/ADO/etc components listed/mentioned there. Good source for BDE
- Alternative guide.

In article <7t8nrj$lh...@main.roknet.ro>, sfynx <sf...@fx.ro> writes

--
Arnold Johnson

Re:DAO with Delphi

> Anyone knows where I can download a component on the subj? I >programmed
in
> access for a long time and I just love the Jet Engine (for it's simplicity
> and speed mainly -what else is there?).

DBISAM.  It leaves Access Versions 1 to 2000 for dead.
Tiny footprint, no DLLs, no single file DB just begging to
get corrupted.

Try distributing a really full featured DB application that
uses Access on a single floppy and only requires
installation onto *one* computer on the network
for all users to be able to use it.

I work in Access frequently and like it (a little), but if I can
get clients to not use it, I do.

I'm not bashing Access, it's just that it's such a kludge in
comparison to Interbase and lives more on its marketing
clout than its merit.

GW.

Other Threads