Hiding Programs on Task Bar

Is there any way of running a Delphi program without the task showing on
the TaskBar at the bottom of the screen in Windows 95 ? and preferably not
in
the Task List that comes up with Ctrl-Alt-Delete so it can be killed.

If anyone knows, please let me know

Thanx

Pablo
MorganC...@aol.com

Re:Hiding Programs on Task Bar

MorganComp <morganc...@aol.com> wrote:
>Is there any way of running a Delphi program without the task showing on
>the TaskBar at the bottom of the screen in Windows 95 ? and preferably not
>in
>the Task List that comes up with Ctrl-Alt-Delete so it can be killed.

This is a FAQ.

ShowWindow(Application.Handle,SW_HIDE) anywhere after your TApplication
constructor.

or if you want the thing never ever to appear on the task bar, not even
briefly at the start, then set IsLibrary to false just before you create
your Application object, and set it to true just after.

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. ljw1...@cam.ac.uk

Re:Hiding Programs on Task Bar

Pablo,
  If your just trying to keep someone from killing your app then you could
use the OnCloseQuery event for the main form and set CanClose to false
unless they put in the proper password or something.  As for the
Ctrl-Alt-Del you can use something like this which prevents the user from
even opening the Task List by killing the Windows hot keys:

var
  B : Longint;
begin
  SystemParametersInfo (97, Word (TRUE), @B, 0);
end;

This will make it so that Ctrl-Alt-Delete does not pull up the task list.
Make sure that you call

var
  B : Longint;
begin
  SystemParametersInfo (97, Word (FALSE), @B, 0);
end;

to reactivate it when someone legally exits your program or the hot keys
will remain dead.

Hope this helps!
--
Rod Geraghty (:>)
GERA-Tech

MorganComp <morganc...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970407100101.GAA06...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> Is there any way of running a Delphi program without the task showing on
> the TaskBar at the bottom of the screen in Windows 95 ? and preferably
not
> in
> the Task List that comes up with Ctrl-Alt-Delete so it can be killed.

> If anyone knows, please let me know

> Thanx

> Pablo
> MorganC...@aol.com

Re:Hiding Programs on Task Bar

> Is there any way of running a Delphi program without the task showing on
> the TaskBar at the bottom of the screen in Windows 95 ? and preferably
not
> in
> the Task List that comes up with Ctrl-Alt-Delete so it can be killed.

Have a look at the article on intercepting keystrokes using Delphi at
http://www.web-span.com/pjohnson

It starts a detached process that doesn't appear on the task bar.

Re:Hiding Programs on Task Bar

> > Is there any way of running a Delphi program without the task showing on
> > the TaskBar at the bottom of the screen in Windows 95 ? and preferably

I believe if you hide your main window it won't show up
on the taskbar.

Phil

--

Posted using Reference.COM                         http://www.reference.com

InReference, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the content of this posting.

Re:Hiding Programs on Task Bar

MorganComp (morganc...@aol.com) wrote:

: Is there any way of running a Delphi program without the task showing on
: the TaskBar at the bottom of the screen in Windows 95 ?
i'm using winnt/95 to now and still have delphi1 installed. when i remove
the systemmenu form the bordericons set, the 16 bit program doesn't show in
the taskbar. when a friend of mine compiled the same code with delphi2, the
program did appear in the taskbar. why is this??

jo...@stack.nl
"If I knew what I was doing...I'd be dangerous..."