inTransaction always returns FALSE

Has someone ever noticed that the inTransaction property of a database
seems to always return false, wether a transaction is active or not?

I am using Paradox tables.  StartTransaction, commit and rollback all
work fine.  The problem exists with the database component as well as
with the virtual database created by Delphi in memory when the component
is not used explicitely.

I had to declare a boolean variable to keep track of the transaction
satus (set on after starttransaction, and off after commit and
rollback).

Is this a bug??

--
Michel Ranger
micr...@cam.org

Re:inTransaction always returns FALSE

Michel Ranger <micr...@cam.org> wrote:
>Has someone ever noticed that the inTransaction property of a database
>seems to always return false, wether a transaction is active or not?
>I am using Paradox tables.  StartTransaction, commit and rollback all
>work fine.  The problem exists with the database component as well as
>with the virtual database created by Delphi in memory when the component
>is not used explicitely.

From the Delphi 1.0 Help file:
"Transaction control statements are meaningful only when the database
is on an SQL server. The StartTransaction, Commit, and Rollback
methods raise an exception if the underlying database is Paradox or
dBASE."

How can you use transaction with Paradox?

][arco

Re:inTransaction always returns FALSE

I have a couple of objects which implement transaction control in Paradox
and dBASE under Delphi 1.  I posted the notice of their existance a little
while ago on the newsgroups, and received several requests for it.  Since
then, I have had no response as to its value, so I can assume one of two
things -

1) It was wildly successful and they are so e{*word*277}d by it they haven't
stopped to write me an e-mail to tell me about it ;-)

2) It was wildly unsuccessful, and deleted all their data.  If this is the
case, I expect I shall be hearing from their solicitors ;-)

In either event, you are quite welcome to "take the plunge".  E-mail me a
request for it.

--
Mark Pritchard

> From the Delphi 1.0 Help file:
> "Transaction control statements are meaningful only when the database
> is on an SQL server. The StartTransaction, Commit, and Rollback
> methods raise an exception if the underlying database is Paradox or
> dBASE."

> How can you use transaction with Paradox?

Other Threads