TQuery.RequestLive not supported with some SQL

Hi, I've found that RequestLive raises an exception when you use certain SQL keywords, e.g. IN, CURRENT DATE. Is there a definitive list anywhere of 'bad' keywords? Has this problem been fixed in later versions of Delphi/BDE?

I'm using Delphi 3, although I believe 4 has the same problem. The datebase is DB2 v7 via the ODBC driver.

Thanks,
Alan

Re:TQuery.RequestLive not supported with some SQL

In article <3b1f8cb4$1_2@dnews>, al...@episys.com says...

> Hi, I've found that RequestLive raises an exception when you use certain SQL
>keywords, e.g. IN, CURRENT DATE.

I don't think there is a problem with SQL keywords per se.
'RequestLive' requires an updateable result set.  Multi-table joins are
generally not updateable.  I would suspect that most uses of "IN" and
"CURRENT DATE" would create non-updateable result sets.

Re:TQuery.RequestLive not supported with some SQL

Delphi respects SQL  ( standard query language) , so , the problem is not
the keywords but in SQL itself

( if you  use a cachedupdate  and a TUpdateSql  , the requestlive will
always be true)

"Alan C" <al...@episys.com> wrote in message news:3b1f8cb4$1_2@dnews...

> Hi, I've found that RequestLive raises an exception when you use certain

SQL keywords, e.g. IN, CURRENT DATE. Is there a definitive list anywhere of
'bad' keywords? Has this problem been fixed in later versions of Delphi/BDE?

> I'm using Delphi 3, although I believe 4 has the same problem. The

datebase is DB2 v7 via the ODBC driver.

> Thanks,
> Alan

Other Threads