Need Delphi or Borland Pascal Code to use NetWare 4.1 APIs

I am looking for some examples of Delphi components or Borland Pascal
code that accesses the NDS and other NetWare 4.x API DLLs.  First thing
I need is to get a users' fully qualified login name with context in one
of these forms:

        .BAKERB.BNS.MIS.CEN.ODHS
        .CN=BAKERB.OU=BNS.OU=MIS.OU=CEN.O=ODHS

Anyone that can point me in the right direction or give me some
pointers?  Thanks in advance.
--
Brad Baker, Consultant                 {$I C:\STANDARD\DISCLAIM.PAS }
Ohio Dept. of Human Services        30 E. Broad St. Columbus OH 43215

Re:Need Delphi or Borland Pascal Code to use NetWare 4.1 APIs

Brad Baker <bba...@odhs.ohio.gov> wrote:
>I am looking for some examples of Delphi components or Borland Pascal
>code that accesses the NDS and other NetWare 4.x API DLLs.  First thing
>I need is to get a users' fully qualified login name with context in one
>of these forms:

>    .BAKERB.BNS.MIS.CEN.ODHS
>    .CN=BAKERB.OU=BNS.OU=MIS.OU=CEN.O=ODHS

>Anyone that can point me in the right direction or give me some
>pointers?  Thanks in advance.

Brad--

What you'll need is the NetWare client SDK.  It's written for C/C++
so that by itself won't help a lot.  But it does include the C
H files, and from those you can get the definitions you need to be
able to create Pascal structures to call the NDS portion of the
client library.

Calling the C based DLL is easy.  (I've done it from Delphi for
the 3.X functions.)  Unfortunately, there are a lot of header files
that have to be converted to Pascal if you want to call the NDS
portion of the library from Delphi.

Perhaps a couple of us could get together to do the conversion...  I'd
really like to be able to do NetWare stuff from Delphi...

Anybody know of a good (and inexpensive) tool for converting C header files
to Pascal?  :)

Paul Hanchett, CNE

pau...@teleport.com (Paul Hanchett) wrote:
>Brad Baker <bba...@odhs.ohio.gov> wrote:
>>I am looking for some examples of Delphi components or Borland Pascal
>>code that accesses the NDS and other NetWare 4.x API DLLs.  First thing
>>I need is to get a users' fully qualified login name with context in one
>>of these forms:

>>        .BAKERB.BNS.MIS.CEN.ODHS
>>        .CN=BAKERB.OU=BNS.OU=MIS.OU=CEN.O=ODHS

>>Anyone that can point me in the right direction or give me some
>>pointers?  Thanks in advance.
>Brad--
>What you'll need is the NetWare client SDK.  It's written for C/C++
>so that by itself won't help a lot.  But it does include the C
>H files, and from those you can get the definitions you need to be
>able to create Pascal structures to call the NDS portion of the
>client library.
>Calling the C based DLL is easy.  (I've done it from Delphi for
>the 3.X functions.)  Unfortunately, there are a lot of header files
>that have to be converted to Pascal if you want to call the NDS
>portion of the library from Delphi.
>Perhaps a couple of us could get together to do the conversion...  I'd
>really like to be able to do NetWare stuff from Delphi...
>Anybody know of a good (and inexpensive) tool for converting C header files
>to Pascal?  :)
>Paul Hanchett, CNE

Unfortunatly I don't have the time it would take to help, but I would
love to see a Component come out of the work.
Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

Other Threads