Invalid floating point error

I'm using Delphi 3 Client Server with an odbc connection to Oracle Personal
7.
I have two queries that both fail catastophically (blue screen of death)
when invoking the qryMyQuery.Next; method. When I close and reopen the
queries, I get an "Invalid Floating Point" error.  None of the other queries
against similar tables in other modules provoke this exception. Also, oddly
enough, this only occurs in the development environment, not in the compiled
executable.
Has anyone else experienced this problem.
Thanks, Randy Niere

Re:Invalid floating point error

Hello!

First of all, use native connect with Oracle Personal through  Beq protocol.
You can find in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora alias Beq-local.
Use it in your connections from Delphi .
It can help you to solve many problems.

me write <77eip2$om...@forums.borland.com> ...

>I'm using Delphi 3 Client Server with an odbc connection to Oracle Personal
>7.
>I have two queries that both fail catastophically (blue screen of death)
>when invoking the qryMyQuery.Next; method. When I close and reopen the
>queries, I get an "Invalid Floating Point" error.  None of the other
queries
>against similar tables in other modules provoke this exception. Also, oddly
>enough, this only occurs in the development environment, not in the
compiled
>executable.
>Has anyone else experienced this problem.
>Thanks, Randy Niere

Other Threads