VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI

In article <3rlujn$...@ccnet.ccnet.com>
   s...@ccnet.com (Scott A. Moore) writes:

> Please do not post Delphi traffic in comp.lang.pascal.borland. You
> can post Delphi traffic in comp.lang.pascal.misc, or simply stay
> here. The comp.lang.pascal.borland group is for Borland Pascal or
> Turbo Pascal users only.

I shall be staying in comp.lang.pascal until the new groups are created.

--
Lee Walton
C/S Software Solutions Ltd             PGP-key available upon reques

Re:VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI

In article <803324187...@csss.com> Lee Walton <lwal...@csss.com> writes:
>From: Lee Walton <lwal...@csss.com>
>Subject: Re: VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI
>Date: 16 Jun 1995 13:22:32 +0100
>In article <3rlujn$...@ccnet.ccnet.com>
>   s...@ccnet.com (Scott A. Moore) writes:
>> Please do not post Delphi traffic in comp.lang.pascal.borland. You
>> can post Delphi traffic in comp.lang.pascal.misc, or simply stay
>> here. The comp.lang.pascal.borland group is for Borland Pascal or
>> Turbo Pascal users only.
>I shall be staying in comp.lang.pascal until the new groups are created.
>--
>Lee Walton
>C/S Software Solutions Ltd             PGP-key available upon reques

If you take a look at .pascal.misc you'll see that 90% of the posts are from
Delphi users.

jg...@micron.net            Jim Grossl  /
"Experience is the best tool, at least that's what she said."  /
"Welcome to my town, now please leave."  /

Re:VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI

>>In article <3rlujn$...@ccnet.ccnet.com>
>>   s...@ccnet.com (Scott A. Moore) writes:
>>> Please do not post Delphi traffic in comp.lang.pascal.borland. You
>>> can post Delphi traffic in comp.lang.pascal.misc, or simply stay
>>> here. The comp.lang.pascal.borland group is for Borland Pascal or
>>> Turbo Pascal users only.

>>I shall be staying in comp.lang.pascal until the new groups are created.

>>--
>>Lee Walton
>>C/S Software Solutions Ltd             PGP-key available upon reques

>If you take a look at .pascal.misc you'll see that 90% of the posts are from
>Delphi users.

Thanks for the information Lee.  This is the most helpful anti-Delphi post I've
seen here yet.

Christopher M. Blackburn
Zing Systems, L.P.

Re:VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI

8...@micron.net> <3sndfk$...@dub-news-svc-6.compuserve.com>
Christopher M. Blackburn (76230...@compuserve.com) wrote:
: >>In article <3rlujn$...@ccnet.ccnet.com>
: >>   s...@ccnet.com (Scott A. Moore) writes:
: >>> Please do not post Delphi traffic in comp.lang.pascal.borland. You

Yeah whatever...

: Thanks for the information Lee.  This is the most helpful anti-Delphi
: post I've seen here yet.

Goto: alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi

... it exists.

--
  *8)
 ell...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu

Re:VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI

In article <3sskt2$...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,
Erik Lloyd <ell...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:

:Goto: alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi

Or to comp.lang.pascal.misc for the time being.

:... it exists.

That is partly misinformation. For some it does, for very many it
does not! Because of their sometimes unruly nature, the alt
newsgroups are not carried by many sites. Thus the alt newsgroups
never are the real solution.

Followups redirected to comp.lang.pascal.misc only.

   All the best, Timo

t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Re:VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI

In article <3st94g$...@poiju.uwasa.fi> t...@poiju.uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:
>From: t...@poiju.uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi)
>Subject: Re: VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI
>Date: 29 Jun 1995 07:10:56 +0300
>In article <3sskt2$...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,
>Erik Lloyd <ell...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:
>:Goto: alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi
>Or to comp.lang.pascal.misc for the time being.
>:... it exists.
>That is partly misinformation. For some it does, for very many it
>does not! Because of their sometimes unruly nature, the alt
>newsgroups are not carried by many sites. Thus the alt newsgroups
>never are the real solution.
>Followups redirected to comp.lang.pascal.misc only.
>   All the best, Timo
>Prof. Timo Salmi   Co-moderator of news:comp.archives.msdos.announce
>Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi archives  193.166.120.5
>Department of Accounting and Business Finance  ; University of Vaasa
>t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Timo is correct on this, I get lots of alt newsgroups but my newsreader tells
me that alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi does not exit. I can however get the
alt.binaries groups so I guess I shouldn't complain to much. ;-)

jg...@micron.net            Jim Grossl  /
"Experience is the best tool, at least that's what she said."  /
"Welcome to my town, now please leave."  /

Re:VOTE FOR COMP.LANG.DELPHI

comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases