Class not found

OK, I've never seen this one, and it's making me crazy.

I have an app which has been stable for months, and *something* I have done
today has introduced a problem. The manifestation of the problem is that it
throws an exception warning that class TSerial is not found. This occurs
during the initialization of a form on which a TSerial component exists. If
I put a breakpoint in the constructor of TSerial, however, I break twice
during initialization (there are two instances of TSerial) before I get to
the exception in the form.

So if the component is initializing without error (and it is), why then is
the class not found???

--
Bill
- Posted with XanaNews -

Re:Class not found

William Meyer wrote:
> I have an app which has been stable for months, and *something* I
> have done today has introduced a problem. The manifestation of the
> problem is that it throws an exception warning that class TSerial is
> not found.

My guess is that you accidentally deleted the name of the TSerial
control. To fix this you either need to assign a name to it again or
call RegisterClass(TSerial) in the unit's initialization section.

MfG :-)
Thomas

Other Threads