TIBDataSet how to use?

Hi,

If anyone have good example of how to use TIBDataSet?
I am interested in using it with Data Aware componentes like DBGrid and etc.
and would like to find out technique of doing that.

Thanks,
Hayk Petrosyan

Re:TIBDataSet how to use?

Here's a tutorial:
http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_ibx.html

Also, be sure to download InterBase 6.0 Beta Documentation Set (10.04mb).
The developer's guide is the documentation for IBX:
http://www.borland.com/techpubs/interbase/

HTH,

-Jorge

"Hayk Petrosyan" <hayk_petros...@yahoo.com> escribi en el mensaje

> If anyone have good example of how to use TIBDataSet?

Re:TIBDataSet how to use?

Thanks Jorge.

I have already read it before but there is no example how to use it. I am
niterested if I will use it with DBGrid will it work transparetly and update
tables?

Thank,
Hayk

"Jorge Alvarez" <alvare...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Here's a tutorial:
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_ibx.html

> Also, be sure to download InterBase 6.0 Beta Documentation Set (10.04mb).
> The developer's guide is the documentation for IBX:
> http://www.borland.com/techpubs/interbase/

> HTH,

> -Jorge

> "Hayk Petrosyan" <hayk_petros...@yahoo.com> escribi en el mensaje
> > If anyone have good example of how to use TIBDataSet?

Re:TIBDataSet how to use?

Setup your SelectSQL that will driver the result set.  Then right click on the
IBDataset and bring up the Dataset editor and select your key fields and the
fields you want to update and hit generate SQL.  This will generate the
InsertSQL, ModifySQL, RefreshSQL and DeleteSQL statements that will be used when
you do the appropriate action.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Other Threads