Access Violation Creating New fields

I am getting access violation whenever I try to make new fields (Calculated
Fields) using a TIBTable component.

If I click ok on the error message,the new field dialog will come up but
everykey I type produces another Access violation but the character is
displayed after in the name after I click on OK.
Making new fields like this is very time consuming.
Does anyone know the reason for this?

D5.01/Win2K/IBX4.3

Re:Access Violation Creating New fields

I just tried this and could not reproduce it against the EMPLOYEE table of the
employee.gdb.  I added a string calc field and just locally reproduced the
full_name as a calc field.  No AVs at all.  Can you give more details?  (IBTable
is rarely if ever the most appropriate component in C/S database work).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

Re:Access Violation Creating New fields

> > I am getting access violation whenever I try to make new fields
(Calculated
> > Fields) using a TIBTable component.

I have the same problem under BC++ 5, but nnot under Delphi 5.
A lot of people has the sam problem, no solution sofar.
What works for me under BC++ is to add a new dummy package to the same
project, than adding new fields works fine.

Other Threads