Limit on amount of records in Paradox 7 Table

Hi, I have a table thats about 90 Mb ( > 90,000 Records) .
All was ok, until a corruption, which I used the TUtility dll to fix.
After deleting a few records, thought it would be good to PACK the
table.
Only DBD 7 was on site, so I selected restructure, then pack, then
save.......
1 Hour later (really fast P.C.) I had an error message - 'Table is full'

It seems to still be ok - adding records is ok etc.
I will be running a purge soon which will clear some space, but.....

Is there an upper limit on the amount of records / index entries / file
size ?
If so what is the limits  /  if not, what is this message on about ?

Thanks.
Andrew.

Re:Limit on amount of records in Paradox 7 Table

> Is there an upper limit on the amount of records / index entries / file
> size ?

Yes there are limits of size based on Bloc Size configuration from the BDE
administrator
Data Block Size    -    Maximum Table Size
2k     -    128 megs
4k     -    256 megs
16k     -    1024 megs
32k     -    2048 megs

FRED

Re:Limit on amount of records in Paradox 7 Table

Paradox tables are limited to 64k blocks. The default block size is 2k bytes
for a default maximum table size of 128 mb. Valid block sizes are 2, 4, 8,
16 and 32k. You can change the block size of an existing table with a
utility program at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html. To change
the default block size of tables you create in the future change the block
size parameter of the Paradox driver using BDE Administrator.

In your case, you must set the block size in BDE Administrator to a higher
value (try 4k) so the temporary files created during the restructure  will
have enough capacity.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Limit on amount of records in Paradox 7 Table

Many thanks - Problem solved......
Andrew Graham wrote:
> Hi, I have a table thats about 90 Mb ( > 90,000 Records) .
> All was ok, until a corruption, which I used the TUtility dll to fix.
> After deleting a few records, thought it would be good to PACK the
> table.
> Only DBD 7 was on site, so I selected restructure, then pack, then
> save.......
> 1 Hour later (really fast P.C.) I had an error message - 'Table is full'

> It seems to still be ok - adding records is ok etc.
> I will be running a purge soon which will clear some space, but.....

> Is there an upper limit on the amount of records / index entries / file
> size ?
> If so what is the limits  /  if not, what is this message on about ?

> Thanks.
> Andrew.

Other Threads