BDE Lockup problem URGENT HELP NEEDED HELP!!!

I have a client with a severe BDE related problem..  He is using Win98, and
our software was running fine without a problem.  After restarting the
computer this morning, he can no longer open any of our apps that use the
BDE.  They just freeze, and the computer locks up.  I had him try to run
BDEAdmin.exe and it does the same thing when started with no other software
running on the computer.  It too locks up before ever opening.  Any software
using the BDE we have on his system exhibits the same problem.

These programs were written and compiled with D4.  A complete un-install and
re-install of the affetected software does not help.  The computer freezes
the minute you atempt to load ant BDE ralated programs.

Please offer any help you can.  We have checked for hardware resource
conflicts, etc., and see no problems.
--
Regards!
Tommy Gray

Re:BDE Lockup problem URGENT HELP NEEDED HELP!!!

Maybe he was bored and changed his video to
16 colors.  That would do it according to other posts.

"T.Gray" <tg...@electrotex.com> wrote in message

> I have a client with a severe BDE related problem..  He is using Win98,
and
> our software was running fine without a problem.  After restarting the
> computer this morning, he can no longer open any of our apps that use the
> BDE.  They just freeze, and the computer locks up.  I had him try to run
> BDEAdmin.exe and it does the same thing when started with no other
software
> running on the computer.  It too locks up before ever opening.  Any
software
> using the BDE we have on his system exhibits the same problem.

> These programs were written and compiled with D4.  A complete un-install
and
> re-install of the affetected software does not help.  The computer freezes
> the minute you atempt to load ant BDE ralated programs.

> Please offer any help you can.  We have checked for hardware resource
> conflicts, etc., and see no problems.
> --
> Regards!
> Tommy Gray

Re:BDE Lockup problem URGENT HELP NEEDED HELP!!!

Hi, are you using centralised BDE setting (I meant BDE in the server and all
the client m/c gets updated when they open the application)?
Check up the Registry setting.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database
Engine and BLAPIPath entry existsin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\BLW32.

Can you able to open tables from Database Desktop or SQL Explorer? Is it
Alias problem? Identify each and categorize and elimate which are not
concerned ones and then look into the actual issue. I can help you out as
much as I can!! All the best..

with regds,
rajesh

T.Gray wrote in message <826a0v$9i...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have a client with a severe BDE related problem..  He is using Win98, and
>our software was running fine without a problem.  After restarting the
>computer this morning, he can no longer open any of our apps that use the
>BDE.  They just freeze, and the computer locks up.  I had him try to run
>BDEAdmin.exe and it does the same thing when started with no other software
>running on the computer.  It too locks up before ever opening.  Any
software
>using the BDE we have on his system exhibits the same problem.

>These programs were written and compiled with D4.  A complete un-install
and
>re-install of the affetected software does not help.  The computer freezes
>the minute you atempt to load ant BDE ralated programs.

>Please offer any help you can.  We have checked for hardware resource
>conflicts, etc., and see no problems.
>--
>Regards!
>Tommy Gray

Re:BDE Lockup problem URGENT HELP NEEDED HELP!!!

One of my clients had a similar problem recently. When I asked if someone
had remapped the file server net drive on the workstation, that proved to be
the cause of the hang.
--
Barry L. Birch
AMICUS custom software

Re:BDE Lockup problem URGENT HELP NEEDED HELP!!!

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:29:12 -0600, "T.Gray" <tg...@electrotex.com>
wrote:

>I have a client with a severe BDE related problem..  He is using Win98, and
>our software was running fine without a problem.  After restarting the
>computer this morning, he can no longer open any of our apps that use the
>BDE.  They just freeze, and the computer locks up.  I had him try to run
>BDEAdmin.exe and it does the same thing when started with no other software
>running on the computer.  It too locks up before ever opening.  Any software
>using the BDE we have on his system exhibits the same problem.

Like Art said, you need to increase the number of colors to 256 or
higher via the Control Panel.  W98 has a bug in handling a 16 colors
display.

Jan

Other Threads