Please Help: BDEAdmin: Native drivers access .

I can not access paradox drivers settings through BDE Administrator -
I select Configuration -> Drivers -> Native - and nothing is shown on
right panel. I tried to reinstall BDE - the same result.
Any ideas what could it be?

Galina.

Re:Please Help: BDEAdmin: Native drivers access .

>I can not access paradox drivers settings through BDE Administrator -
>I select Configuration -> Drivers -> Native - and nothing is shown on
>right panel. I tried to reinstall BDE - the same result.
>Any ideas what could it be?

Try deleteing the  BDE config file before you reinstall BDE.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Please Help: BDEAdmin: Native drivers access .

Thank you very much for the help. That was it!

I found the similar messages here and on Compuserve, it seems to be a
common problem.

Problem was Idapi.cfg for 16 bit BDE which was used to create
Idapi32.cfg during installation. This file Idapi.cfg was (and still is)
OK for 16 bit Delphi & BDE. BDE Administrator can read Idapi.cfg but
does not show native drivers and can not merge the file - the same with
Idapi32.cfg.

So the question is: why Idapi.cfg was not checked during installation
and bad Idapi32.cfg was created? Why is configuration file not checked
properly by BDE Administrator and the problem is not diagnosed.
This is definitely Borland (Inprize) problem. Sorry guys.

Regards,
Galina Tydykov.

Re:Please Help: BDEAdmin: Native drivers access .

>So the question is: why Idapi.cfg was not checked during installation
>and bad Idapi32.cfg was created? Why is configuration file not checked
>properly by BDE Administrator and the problem is not diagnosed.
>This is definitely Borland (Inprize) problem.

What makes you think this type of corruption can be identified?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Please Help: BDEAdmin: Native drivers access .

I think it could be. When I tried to merge this configuration file
using BDE Administrator it failed - but it did not during installation.
It is confusing a bit.

Regards,
Galina

Other Threads