Delphi 1.x - TTable.Modified bug - HELP !!

Hey Delphites!!

I seem to be having a strange problem with the Modified property
of a standard ttable.

I have a form with some DBcontrols, a couple of radio buttons
to move between associated records, and cancel and save buttons
to exit the dialog.  Both buttons and the radio events all
use Ttable.modified to determine whether to prompt or not
to save changes.  The radio buttons work fine, but both the
button press routines see the Modified property as false
after a field has been modified (it definitely was modified
because I tried posting if "modified" was false, and the record
changed!!).

HAS ANYONE seen this happen ? It really makes no sense!

Thanks in Advance...

Frank