How to access ports

Hi

How can I access portaddresses (i.e. COM-Ports) in Delphi? Do I have to use
assembler-code? I think in NT you are not able to access a port directly in
assembler.

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Re:How to access ports

Hi
  I try to use windows's api to access port.They's CreateFile, SetupComm,
ReadFile, WriteFile and ... but  I fail.
  You can see win32.hlp in help folder.

Re:How to access ports

Daniel Buchs <Daniel.Bu...@infrasys.ascom.ch> wrote:

: Hi

: How can I access portaddresses (i.e. COM-Ports) in Delphi? Do I have to use
: assembler-code? I think in NT you are not able to access a port directly in
: assembler.
There's quite a few components who do that on the net, check out some delphi
sites as the DSP.. I can pretty much garantee they got components there for
comport access (got some there myself).

: Thanks in advance
: Daniel

Goodluck