Ann: V50v3 built 29.12.00 Intranet unlimmited

i have released a new revision of V50v3. New: with support for
"Internet by Call", english and german manual for set up.
Built with Indy (8.011b)
Use it as is, or extract from it, what you need. Full D4 project.
Get it from my homepage. go -> Delphi -> V50 to get project,
go -> kostenlose Software (free software) -> download page,
to get the ready EXE.

Features:
Its a "beside Sambar" server.
Email internal, external, mixed. News, server and mirror.
Time server and client. Chat to talk and to control server.
Fax server,
separate ras dial for Sambar (or any other http proxy)
Created to do the things, Sambar can not, or not as good, as i wish.

Ernst Gerlach
ernst.gerl...@epost.de
http://www.gerlach-mtl.de   <<<< here you find
--- use plain text only in email ---

Re:Ann: V50v3 built 29.12.00 Intranet unlimmited

"Alien" <ali...@Earth.humans> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Can the MappedPortTCP be us as a proxy for SMTP, and NNTP also.
> Or is it only for HTTP. ???
> Thanks.

> --
> -A-l-i-e-n-

a) MappedPort can be used to built a tunnel for all kinds of protocol.
b) You wrote to the thread of V50:
V50 has nothing to do with mapped port, its a full server / relay,
with a interface, to be a client to outside.
That means:
UserA has a mail adress at his ispA, userB has a mail adress at his ispB.
Now, they get a new colleague (userC). Therefor, not to buy a new modem
/ isdn card, they install V50 and tell this, to play the client of all
users.
V50 stores all fetched emails (/news) crypted on harddisk. Inside
network its a normal server. The users connect the clients to V50
and receive mails (/news) from it. The first advantage:
UserX can send a mail to external adress + CC:userY.
Second advantage: reading news, is offline.
Dial in, fetching my emails, fetching mails of my son, fetching news from
four
groups, hang up -> less than one minute.
This answer is stored in V50 and waits for the next dial in.

Ernst Gerlach
ernst.gerl...@epost.de
http://www.gerlach-mtl.de

<ernst.gerl...@epost.de> wrote:

> I downloaded your V50 and looked at it. I must say if i new how to read
> german i would know what it is that i was looking at. Your V50 can not
> help at all unless it is all english.
> --
> -A-l-i-e-n-

there is a manual.doc, i tryed with my bad english.
As a small help:
HrusS.pas is the server part.
HrunC.pas is the client part
Haupt1.pas is the main form
Hini0.pas is the ini file unit
Hnutil.pas means: nntp utils
Habout.pas, about form; Hgverz.pas: form to set the file storage dirs;
Hlogg.pas: mdi child form, shows log; Hnntped.pas: set up nntp / news;
Hnntped2.pas: not ready; Hpassed.pas: form to set admins;
Hsambed.pas: form to set dial in for separate http proxy (Sambar);
Hserved.pas: form to configure servers; Htimed.pas: seting connection
to external time server; Huser.pas: form to set internal user list;
Hverbi.pas: form to set external connection / external email accounts;
Hverbi2.pas: second form to set ras entrys; IdServSMTPCli.pas:
adapted idSMTP, to send the stored outmails without creating a
new header; logg.pas: a small unit to write logs to file.
I hope, its a help.
There are three reasons, the program is written in german:
a) my english is very bad b) doing so, i can get no collision with
reserverd words c) i know a lot of german people, beeing glad,
because they can not read english.
regards

Ernst Gerlach
ernst.gerl...@epost.de
http://www.gerlach-mtl.de
--- use plain text only in email ---

Re:Ann: V50v3 built 29.12.00 Intranet unlimmited

Dear Ernst,

Merry Xmass, and happy new year!...

What is the exact url for downloading.

Regards,

ATB

"ATB Translation Office, http://www.atbtercume.com" <aozkalay....@yahoo.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3A4FCF99.D835FC8F@yahoo.com...

> Dear Ernst,

> Merry Xmass, and happy new year!...

> What is the exact url for downloading.

if you visit http://www.gerlach-mtl.de, you find a continue
for my private pages and one for my company (Firma) pages.
Select someone. At both pages you will find
a) "Delphi" -> "Intranet V50 version 3" -> "Get it, hol ihn Dier"
to get the server delphi projekt, and on the same side below
the client project.
b) "Freie Software" (means freeware) -> "zu unserer Downloadseite"
-> "zur Downloadseite hier klicken" to get the user ready exe's.

> Regards,

> ATB

regards

Ernst Gerlach
ernst.gerl...@epost.de
http://www.gerlach-mtl.de
--- use plain text only in email ---

Re:Ann: V50v3 built 29.12.00 Intranet unlimmited

Thank you Ernst...

;O))

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3A50E503.AECA3BD0@yahoo.com...

> Thank you Ernst...

> ;O))

Next weekend, i hope so, will be a new version av. I found a deadlock
(problem with
the criticalsections), if chat user wants to see server log, while server
does
pressmail (outside traffic). I am working on.
If you want to be informed in future, you can join to
 Gerlach-EG_Ser...@egroups.com
good luck and
regards

Ernst Gerlach
ernst.gerl...@epost.de
http://www.gerlach-mtl.de
--- use plain text only in email ---

Re:Ann: V50v3 built 29.12.00 Intranet unlimmited

Okay,  I shall take a look at it

Regards,

ATB

Ernst Gerlach wrote:
> "ATB Translation Office, http://www.atbtercume.com" <aozkalay....@yahoo.com>
> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3A50E503.AECA3BD0@yahoo.com...
> > Thank you Ernst...

> > ;O))

> Next weekend, i hope so, will be a new version av. I found a deadlock
> (problem with
> the criticalsections), if chat user wants to see server log, while server
> does
> pressmail (outside traffic). I am working on.
> If you want to be informed in future, you can join to
>  Gerlach-EG_Ser...@egroups.com
> good luck and
> regards

> Ernst Gerlach