3D Clipping

Does anyone know how to do 3D clipping that has nothing to do with pixel
rendering?  All 3D clipping algorithms I have seen generate pixel images.
What I want is the 3D triangles that are visible from some viewpoint when
projected onto a flat surface.... repeat in case you missed the most
important line
Result:= D3Triangles(D3Mesh, ViewPoint);
not
StickOnPixels(D3Mesh, ViewPoint);

Only one I have seen comes close and that is BSP tree, but it seems very
ineffiecient because it adds complexity to your mesh and therefore requires
more calculations.

Thank you.
-Billy

Re:3D Clipping

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:47:57 -0400, "WE" <e...@eggcentric.com> wrote:
>Does anyone know how to do 3D clipping that has nothing to do with pixel
>rendering?  All 3D clipping algorithms I have seen generate pixel images.

You're looking for something like

http://zeus.cs.pacificu.edu/~ryand/cs360cg/polyclip.htm

- Asbj?rn

Re:3D Clipping

Hey Great!

Anymore goodies you know of?

Lord Crc <lord...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:47:57 -0400, "WE" <e...@eggcentric.com> wrote:

> >Does anyone know how to do 3D clipping that has nothing to do with pixel
> >rendering?  All 3D clipping algorithms I have seen generate pixel images.

> You're looking for something like

> http://zeus.cs.pacificu.edu/~ryand/cs360cg/polyclip.htm

> - Asbj?rn

Re:3D Clipping

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:54:47 -0400, "WE" <e...@eggcentric.com> wrote:
>Hey Great!

>Anymore goodies you know of?

On which topic, this?

- Asbj?rn

Re:3D Clipping

Yes.

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:54:47 -0400, "WE" <e...@eggcentric.com> wrote:

> >Hey Great!

> >Anymore goodies you know of?

> On which topic, this?

> - Asbj?rn

Re:3D Clipping

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:38:12 -0400, "WE" <e...@eggcentric.com> wrote:
>Yes.

sorry, my machine {*word*99}ped out on me so i "lost" this post and i forgot
about it...

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/pbourke/geometry/

has some good stuff on it

- Asbj?rn