BDE hangs, including when using BdeAdmin.exe

Make certain you are in a color depth higher than 256.  There is a windows bug
when working in 256 colors that will cause a hang.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

Re:BDE hangs, including when using BdeAdmin.exe

I have someone trying to install my program, but it just hangs when they try
to go into it.  No error message, it just hangs.  I connected to their
machine using pcAnywhere and tried to go into BdeAdmin.exe to see if there
was a problem with the alias.  BdeAdmin would not load.  No error message,
just an hour glass and no program coming up.  Does anyone know what I could
look for as the problem?  Is there a way to check for conflicts with other
programs that might already have the BDE installed?  Perhaps I'm trying to
install an older version of the BDE?  I am using Delphi 5 and the BDE that
came with it.

David Miller
Beverly Hills, Florida.
Da...@Rentpro.com

Re:BDE hangs, including when using BdeAdmin.exe

Thanks a bunch for the tip!  I will check that on Monday morning.  I did not
know that color had to be higher than 256.  That may be it.

-David.

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message

> Make certain you are in a color depth higher than 256.  There is a windows
bug
> when working in 256 colors that will cause a hang.

> David Miller wrote:

> > I have someone trying to install my program, but it just hangs when they
try
> > to go into it.  No error message, it just hangs.  I connected to their
> > machine using pcAnywhere and tried to go into BdeAdmin.exe to see if
there
> > was a problem with the alias.  BdeAdmin would not load.  No error
message,
> > just an hour glass and no program coming up.  Does anyone know what I
could
> > look for as the problem?  Is there a way to check for conflicts with
other
> > programs that might already have the BDE installed?  Perhaps I'm trying
> > install an older version of the BDE?  I am using Delphi 5 and the BDE
that
> > came with it.

> > David Miller
> > Beverly Hills, Florida.
> > Da...@Rentpro.com

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
> (Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail
>  me directly unless     | Failure isn't about falling down
>  asked.  Thank You)     | Failure is staying down (Marillion)

Re:BDE hangs, including when using BdeAdmin.exe

Hi,

As an alternative cause of the problem you also might want to take a look at
the .CFG file.
I've encountered this BDE behaviour once before, and it turned out to be a
corrupted .CFG file

HTH,
Robert.

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> schreef in bericht

> Make certain you are in a color depth higher than 256.  There is a windows
bug
> when working in 256 colors that will cause a hang.

> David Miller wrote:

> > I have someone trying to install my program, but it just hangs when they
try
> > to go into it.  No error message, it just hangs.  I connected to their
> > machine using pcAnywhere and tried to go into BdeAdmin.exe to see if
there
> > was a problem with the alias.  BdeAdmin would not load.  No error
message,
> > just an hour glass and no program coming up.  Does anyone know what I
could
> > look for as the problem?  Is there a way to check for conflicts with
other
> > programs that might already have the BDE installed?  Perhaps I'm trying
> > install an older version of the BDE?  I am using Delphi 5 and the BDE
that
> > came with it.

> > David Miller
> > Beverly Hills, Florida.
> > Da...@Rentpro.com

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
> (Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail
>  me directly unless     | Failure isn't about falling down
>  asked.  Thank You)     | Failure is staying down (Marillion)

Other Threads