Cached updates does NOT work properly?

Please HELP: I've been battling with this for 2 days ...

I have a Dbase table:
-- Table1 set to "cachedupdates = true"
-- dataset1 connected to table1 and autoedit = true
-- 2 DBEdit boxes connected via dataset1

now when I run 2 instances of my app on same machine, I still get a "record
locked" when I try to edit the same record. I was under the impression the
idea of cached updates  was to avoid this.
Am I doing anything wrong or are there a workaround for this. Please I,m
desperate!

ANY help much appreciated.

Thanks

George

Re:Cached updates does NOT work properly?

Why not use a different DB Session for one of the queries, that's how I
resolved a problem of conflicting access.

Other Threads