Problem when two Paradox db applications share tables

Hi all,

I have two database applications that use Paradox tables. I am using
Delphi 5.0 Client Server with Update Pack 1 applied and BDE 5.11. When I
start each one of these appliactions I create the alias and a private
directory that is different for each one. The applications need to share
two tables. It seems that when I have tables that shared by both
applications I get an error related to the pdoxnet file ( *.NET ) when I
start the second application ( It does not matter which one starts first
). The message is telling me that the NET file is controled by another
*.lck file. I believe I know what is happening but I do not know how to
resolve it.

I think what is happening is that when the second application tries to
start , it attempts to place the *.lck files to the loaction where the
data  from the first application are but there are already *.lck files
there because the first appliaction is already running. Is this correct?

I would appreciate if any of you know what is happening and suggest of
how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Re:Problem when two Paradox db applications share tables

Sounds like you have just the opposite problem. You have two different
NetDir settings in the BDE. Each application that uses the Paradox files
must point to the same NetDir location. That's the only way it can keep up
with who has what open and locked, etc....

Woody

Re:Problem when two Paradox db applications share tables

Thank you very much. You are right!!! :)
Woody wrote:
> Sounds like you have just the opposite problem. You have two different
> NetDir settings in the BDE. Each application that uses the Paradox files
> must point to the same NetDir location. That's the only way it can keep up
> with who has what open and locked, etc....

> Woody

Re:Problem when two Paradox db applications share tables

Both programs must use the same NetDir path. If both programs are running on
the same machine they will use the same path unless you change the
Session.NetFileDir property in code. If they are running on different
machines run BDE Administrator and set the NetDir property of the Paradox
driver to the same path on both machines. For additional information see

Bill Todd (TeamB)