Scott Frolich and Team B - Please Help !!

Any information regarding my posts over the last few days would be
appreciated.

I can't find anywhere what "External Exception 80000004" means.

Regarding the 2 apparent MSAccess BDE bugs that I have come across:

I have done my homework VERY THOROUGHLY and tested whether any parts of my
code were causing the problem, but I can reproduce the bugs with no code
other than a minimal number of VCL calls (see earlier posts). I have also
used the source code of DBTables.pas to find that the "External Exception"
error occurs in dbiOpenTable and doesn't happen when dbiGetLdObj is skipped.

By the way, it seems that the "External Exception" occurs when the DLL is
called from C or C++ and the Access Violation when it is called from Delphi.

These bugs are causing me a great deal of difficulty and I would greatly
appreciate even some partial information.

Please let me know if you want further information or source code to
reproduce the problems.

Thanks,
Neil McCrossin
Veitch Lister Consulting
Brisbane, Australia

Re:Scott Frolich and Team B - Please Help !!

Neil,

I haven't used Access, but I read that Access97 support was not available
with BDE 4.0 that shipped with Delphi 3.0.  I do not know if that has been
changed in 4.51.

Neil McCrossin wrote in message <6dnnfs$p...@forums.borland.com>...

[...]
>Regarding the 2 apparent MSAccess BDE bugs that I have come across:

[...]

Other Threads