Delphi won't start a transaction on MSSQL Server

I'm running a MSSQL Server and try to start a transation in Delphi but
it doesn't seem to start (eg. Changes cannot be discarded (ROLLBACK) and
when a change is made the table is not locked ( I can still query the
table and make changes in another application ) ).  Is this a Delphi
problem with MSSQL or are there some settings on the Server that need
changing?  Please help.

Simon

Re:Delphi won't start a transaction on MSSQL Server

Simon Reye wrote:

> I'm running a MSSQL Server and try to start a transation in Delphi but
> it doesn't seem to start (eg. Changes cannot be discarded (ROLLBACK) and
> when a change is made the table is not locked ( I can still query the
> table and make changes in another application ) ).  Is this a Delphi
> problem with MSSQL or are there some settings on the Server that need
> changing?  Please help.

Delphi does work with SQL-Server.  If it doesn't start a transaction,
then do you get an error on the rollback?  you should.  You may want to
turn off shared auto-commit, although this is normally a good setting,
since it will always do a commit, unless you do a
starttransaction/commit yourself.  Got any examples of code?

--
Oliver
oli...@zip.com.au

Other Threads