Problem with TTable using a view which returns a memo and using indexfieldnames

I am converting a project from Delphi 1 to Delphi 4.03. I am using SQL
Anywhere 5.04. There is code which has a ttable which references a view. The
view returns a memo field and I am using the indexfieldnames property to
order the results.

If I then call the append method I get an access violation. It is actually
caused by the call to DbiGetBookmark in the GetRecord procedure in the
TBDEDataSet object.

It seems to be the combination of a view, the memo field and the
indexfieldnames which causes the error.

Has anyone discovered this behaviour and if so what was the remedy??

Re:Problem with TTable using a view which returns a memo and using indexfieldnames

On Mon, 17 May 1999 15:24:02 GMT, ji...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>I am converting a project from Delphi 1 to Delphi 4.03. I am using SQL
>Anywhere 5.04. There is code which has a ttable which references a view. The
>view returns a memo field and I am using the indexfieldnames property to
>order the results.

>If I then call the append method I get an access violation. It is actually
>caused by the call to DbiGetBookmark in the GetRecord procedure in the
>TBDEDataSet object.

>It seems to be the combination of a view, the memo field and the
>indexfieldnames which causes the error.

>Has anyone discovered this behaviour and if so what was the remedy??

Do you mean SQL Anywhere 5.5.04?  I've seen similar things, but not
identical.  Make sure that IndexFieldNames is never blank, even when you
first open the table.  You can change the order all you like, but if you
switch between indexed and non-indexed, it'll usually blow up.

--
"Generally speaking, things have gone about as far as they can possibly
go when things have got about as bad as they reasonably get."

Other Threads