Form size at different resolutions

Can anyone help me with this one please? I am writing an application at
resolution 1024 x 768 with "Large Fonts". The main forms have lots of
components on them (Labels, Buttons, Edits, StringGrids and images
mainly) and fill the whole screen at design time.

At run time some of my users run at 800 x 600 and complain that the main
forms are a bit too big to go on the screen. I have the following form
properties set: AutoScroll = False, Scaled = True , BorderStyle =
bsSingle, WindowState = wsMaximized. The Form Font is TT Times New
Roman, Regular, 10 point.

I think this is supposed to scale to other resolutions but it does not
do so successfully. What am I missing?
--
David Wilkinson

Re:Form size at different resolutions

ScaleBy(800,1024);

David Wilkinson wrote in message ...
>Can anyone help me with this one please? I am writing an application at
>resolution 1024 x 768 with "Large Fonts". The main forms have lots of
>components on them (Labels, Buttons, Edits, StringGrids and images
>mainly) and fill the whole screen at design time.

>At run time some of my users run at 800 x 600 and complain that the main
>forms are a bit too big to go on the screen. I have the following form
>properties set: AutoScroll = False, Scaled = True , BorderStyle =
>bsSingle, WindowState = wsMaximized. The Form Font is TT Times New
>Roman, Regular, 10 point.

Are you sure that the customers with problems are using "Large Fonts"  Large
Fonts are only used by 5% of the computer populace (from my informal
survey).

Re:Form size at different resolutions

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:57:41 +0000, David Wilkinson

<Da...@quarksoft.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>At run time some of my users run at 800 x 600 and complain that the main
>forms are a bit too big to go on the screen. I have the following form
>properties set: AutoScroll = False, Scaled = True , BorderStyle =

Borland has tons of tips on their site, including their tip on doing
form scaling.  That might be the ScaleBy option that another poster
posted, but I don't remember.  What I do remember is that it didn't
seem to work too well either.  I wound up buying a commercial
component, TSizer.  $100.  There are several competitors, including
the similarly named GTsizer.  I can't compare as I haven't used the
competitors, but I like Tsizer.  www.perfectdesign.com.

Re:Form size at different resolutions

Im Artikel <922321054.477...@news.remarQ.com>, "Bob Richardson"
<ple...@dontspam.com> schreibt:

>Are you sure that the customers with problems are using "Large Fonts"

I'm using a free format (~106%), and many dialogs are too small then, hiding
buttons and other components. The Windows approach to handling different screen
resolutions is unusable, since decades :-(

DoDi

Other Threads