IDE defaults

Is there anyway to change the defaults for the controls within the
environment?  I want to set the default Font and size to something other
than System and 10 point.

Thanks

Re:IDE defaults

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:53:43 -0800, Kevin Armour

<karm...@mail.fuse.net> wrote:
>Is there anyway to change the defaults for the controls within the
>environment?  I want to set the default Font and size to something other
>than System and 10 point.

In D1, edit Delphi.ini, and find the [FormDesign] section. Change the
DefaultFont entry to your desired font, or add its entry if it's
missing, e.g.,

[FormDesign]
DefaultFont=MS Sans Serif,8,bold

In D2, do the same in the Registry, under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\Delphi\2.0\FormDesign
--
Ray Lischner, Tempest Software, Inc., Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)

Re:IDE defaults

        Hi, Kevin Armour!

 On Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:53:43 -0800 you wrote:

>Is there anyway to change the defaults for the controls within the
>environment?  I want to set the default Font and size to something other
>than System and 10 point.

You have no need to change the default font of _all_ the controls:
they get it from their TForm component (ParentFont = True). So, you
need only to change the font of the forms you add to project - you can
do it by default working with template forms in D1 and
ObjectRepository in D2.

Re:IDE defaults

        Hi, Kevin Armour!

 On Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:53:43 -0800 you wrote:

>Is there anyway to change the defaults for the controls within the
>environment?  I want to set the default Font and size to something other
>than System and 10 point.

You have no need to change the default font of _all_ the controls:
they get it from their TForm component (ParentFont = True). So, you
need only to change the font of the forms you add to project - you can
do it by default working with template forms in D1 and
ObjectRepository in D2.

Other Threads