Delphi 2.0 DDE sucks?

I've got DDE server/client applications written with Delphi 2.0.
The server updates items at a rate of 20 times per second.
DDE conversation gets stuck frequently when I pop up some dialog
box or pick a selection in the main menu of the client application.
The problem persists under Windows 95 as well as NT 4.0.
A big nuisance.
Does anybody know more about DDE related problems in Delphi 2.0,
and how to solve them?

Gabriel Meir

Re:Delphi 2.0 DDE sucks?

Ggm wrote:

> I've got DDE server/client applications written with Delphi 2.0.
> The server updates items at a rate of 20 times per second.
> DDE conversation gets stuck frequently when I pop up some dialog
> box or pick a selection in the main menu of the client application.
> The problem persists under Windows 95 as well as NT 4.0.
> A big nuisance.
> Does anybody know more about DDE related problems in Delphi 2.0,
> and how to solve them?

> Gabriel Meir

What type of application are you trying to DDE to?
Jeff Jolie

Other Threads