URL link in app

Anyone know how to put a url link in an app that will acutally bring up the
browers and go to the link?

Re:URL link in app

TIMOTHY KRAUSE wrote:
> Anyone know how to put a url link in an app that will acutally bring up the
> browers and go to the link?

ShellExecute(Application.Handle, 'open',
Phar('http://www.somesite.com'), nil, nil, SW_NORMAL);

hth
Kees de Kooter

Re:URL link in app

You can use my freeware TURLLabel component - check my site...

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
E-Mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com

TIMOTHY KRAUSE <takra...@xmission.com> D???
???Y??:a6qf5s$j...@news.xmission.com...

> Anyone know how to put a url link in an app that will acutally bring up
the
> browers and go to the link?

Re:URL link in app

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:32:53 -0700, "TIMOTHY KRAUSE"
<takra...@xmission.com> wrote in <a6qf5s$j...@news.xmission.com>:

>Anyone know how to put a url link in an app that will acutally bring up the
>browers and go to the link?

You could use a TLabel with the URL, then in the OnClick event use
ShellExecute.

Gecko

Re:URL link in app

Ok now this looks interesting, BUT I am not a Delphi expert here,more used
to VB, so I suppose I have to include something to use this API, please
glide me in the right direction.  You guys r the bestest.
"Kees de Kooter" <k...@boplicity.nl> wrote in message
> TIMOTHY KRAUSE wrote:

> > Anyone know how to put a url link in an app that will acutally bring up
the
> > browers and go to the link?

> ShellExecute(Application.Handle, 'open',
> Phar('http://www.somesite.com'), nil, nil, SW_NORMAL);

> hth
> Kees de Kooter

Re:URL link in app

if it does not compile, add ShellAPI to uses clause

"Hammer" <ham...@krausehouses.com.nospam> wrote in message

> Ok now this looks interesting, BUT I am not a Delphi expert here,more used
> to VB, so I suppose I have to include something to use this API, please
> glide me in the right direction.  You guys r the bestest.
> "Kees de Kooter" <k...@boplicity.nl> wrote in message
> > TIMOTHY KRAUSE wrote:

> > > Anyone know how to put a url link in an app that will acutally bring
up
> the
> > > browers and go to the link?

> > ShellExecute(Application.Handle, 'open',
> > Phar('http://www.somesite.com'), nil, nil, SW_NORMAL);

> > hth
> > Kees de Kooter

Re:URL link in app

Hammer wrote in message ...
>Ok now this looks interesting, BUT I am not a Delphi expert here,more used
>to VB, so I suppose I have to include something to use this API, please
>glide me in the right direction.  You guys r the bestest.

You don't need to be an expert, nor do you need to suck
up in badly-spelled/ungrammatical English.

Type "ShellExecute", press F1, read help. Pay particular
attention to any hints as to the unit in which the procedure
is declared. It's right near the top.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Other Threads