Sybase ASE 11.5 vs MS SQL 6.5

I have a D3 app that must work with either MS SQL or Sybase database
servers.  The app works just fine with MS SQL but has a problem with Sybase
using the Sybase ODBC driver and BDE 4.51.  In one instance, the program
starts a transaction, adds an entry to a table (with 90 fields)
successfully and then fails when opening a TQuery against a second table
with 'Invalid Table Name'.  If I commit and start a new transaction before
running the query, everything works fine.  I get the same exception on
other tables in a seemingly random fashion.  Does anyone have a clue to
whats wrong?  Would the Sql Links driver work any differently?

Tom

Re:Sybase ASE 11.5 vs MS SQL 6.5

"Tom Ballew" <tbal...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Does anyone have a clue to
>whats wrong?  Would the Sql Links driver work any differently?

Not sure, but I'd first check to make sure you're using the latest EBF's
for the Sybase ODBC drivers and the Sybase Client-Lib's.  The Intersolv
ODBC drivers have been pretty buggy historically.
Patrick Bennett
Acraline Products, Inc.
 pbenn...@acraline.com / patr...@thebennetts.com

Other Threads