Embedding Powerpoint in my application

I would like to embed a slide show in my application, written in Powerpoint.

I did a fair amount of searching on google and the best I could come up with
is using the TOleContainer. The problem with this is that it only displays
the first page, with no way to navigate between pages.

Embedding a PDF file is not a problem, since their activex control already
includes all the functions the end-user will need to navigate and scroll.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    -Kristoffer Henriksson

Re:Embedding Powerpoint in my application

Hi,

why not use TWebBrowser ;-)

  WebBrowser1.Navigate('file:///C:\Temp\Test.ppt');
end;

Re:Embedding Powerpoint in my application

you could use the powerpoint servers supplied with D5
(TPowerPointApplication, TPowerPointPresentation,TPowerPointSlide) and
call your instance of MyPowerPointPresentation.SlideShowSettings.Run
after opening the presentation of course.

or you could use your own buttons to navigate, and call

MyPowerPointSlide.connectTo(MyPowerPointPresentation.Slides.item(MyIndex);
MyPowerPointSlide.copy;//to clipboard
if {isPicture}Clipboard.HasFormat(CF_PICTURE) then begin
        MyOleContainer.Picture.metafile.Assign(Clipboard);

HTH,
Patrick

"Kristoffer Henriksson" <khenriks...@prescientsystems.com> wrote:
>I would like to embed a slide show in my application, written in Powerpoint.

>I did a fair amount of searching on google and the best I could come up with
>is using the TOleContainer. The problem with this is that it only displays
>the first page, with no way to navigate between pages.

Other Threads