Excel and D4 - D4 app won't shut down!

Hi

I have a COM application which uses interfaces to copy some data from a
Paradox database to Excel 97. This seems to work fine, and when you click on
the exit button, the D4 app seems to shut down. If you are runing the app
from the IDE, you find that the program is in fact still running....
When you run the app outside of the IDE, you are left with an instance of
excel running in the background.

Any ideas? I'm puzzled....

Cheers

Steve

Re:Excel and D4 - D4 app won't shut down!

Steve,

Not sure what the problem is but may you should talk to Tony Turujlija
because he can't get Word to stay open! ;)

Jokes aside, do you implicitly ask to close the Excel app down via your main
interface or are you just letting the fact that release is called and that
shuts Excel down?

Nick.

Steve <SORF...@IRC.CO.UK> wrote in message

> Hi

> I have a COM application which uses interfaces to copy some data from a
> Paradox database to Excel 97. This seems to work fine, and when you click
on
> the exit button, the D4 app seems to shut down. If you are runing the app
> from the IDE, you find that the program is in fact still running....
> When you run the app outside of the IDE, you are left with an instance of
> excel running in the background.

> Any ideas? I'm puzzled....

> Cheers

> Steve

Re:Excel and D4 - D4 app won't shut down!

You might have a reference count problem?!

Dr. Delphi

Steve wrote:
> Hi

> I have a COM application which uses interfaces to copy some data from a
> Paradox database to Excel 97. This seems to work fine, and when you click on
> the exit button, the D4 app seems to shut down. If you are runing the app
> from the IDE, you find that the program is in fact still running....
> When you run the app outside of the IDE, you are left with an instance of
> excel running in the background.

> Any ideas? I'm puzzled....

> Cheers

> Steve