Word 97 Ole Automation

Is it faster to do some operations on a word document from VBA directly or
from Delphi via OLE automation.  I had processes that ran in VBA.  I
converted them in Delphi to have all my code in one application.  Some
operations take twice as long.  Is it normal ???

Re:Word 97 Ole Automation

>Is it faster to do some operations on a word document from VBA directly or
>from Delphi via OLE automation.  I had processes that ran in VBA.  I
>converted them in Delphi to have all my code in one application.  Some
>operations take twice as long.  Is it normal ???

That depends on how you are doing it. Using the type library (COM
interfaces) is faster than using OLE. If you're using OLE (ie
CreateOLEObject) then you may want to convert it to improve performance. See
the thread of 9/13 "Word 97 & Delphi 3 OLE problem" If you are using OLE and
you switch it over to the type library could you let me know the performance
improvement.

Regards,
Joel Milne

Other Threads