IB Source Forge & Borland site

Peter wrote:

> What's the difference between the IB Open source download from Source
> Forge and the one from the Borland site?

The source on the Borland site is much older than the CVS.  IT represented the
first release IIRC.  The CVS is what R&D updates over time.

> Why is the Source Forge website NOT in English?? Or is there an english
> version?

Looked like English the last time I visited it late last week.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives

Re:IB Source Forge & Borland site

What's the difference between the IB Open source download from Source
Forge and the one from the Borland site?

Why is the Source Forge website NOT in English?? Or is there an english
version?

Re:IB Source Forge & Borland site

In the left bottom corner there's a listbox where you can select language,
you can even select Esperanto (!)

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:
> The source on the Borland site is much older than the CVS.  IT represented the
> first release IIRC.  The CVS is what R&D updates over time.

I see downloadable files for Firebird, but none for Interbase 6 Open
Source.  Could someone post a link to the download page on Source Forge?

BTW, is Firbird and Interbase 6.0 100% compatible?? Will their
development diverge in the future?

Peter wrote:

> I see downloadable files for Firebird, but none for Interbase 6 Open
> Source.  Could someone post a link to the download page on Source Forge?

Follow the Browse CVS link to get to the CVS files
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/InterBase/?cvsroot=inte...).

> BTW, is Firbird and Interbase 6.0 100% compatible?? Will their
> development diverge in the future?

FireBird's stated intentions for their 1.0 release will definitely diverge the
two products.  They are talking about changes that will force an ODS (On Disk
Structure) change and make it incompatible with IB 6.0 at the gdb level.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
 me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
 asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Other Threads