Help! Another user changed the record

I am using Delphi 3 C/S and am having problems that I cannot seem to find an
answer for.

The problem seems simple.

1.  I have a table.
2.  I add a record to this table.
3.  I post the table.
4.  Later on I kindly ask the table if I can edit it.
5.  The table tells me that 'Another user has changed the record'

I see no reason why I should be receiving this error.  I am using Local
Interbase, and am the ONLY user on the system.

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Re:Help! Another user changed the record

You most probably have a trigger/generator assigning values to some fields.
This actually indicates like someone else changed the data.
Solution is simple, just refresh the dataset.

--
----------------------
Regards

SBrodsky68 wrote in message

<19990615164405.01897.00000...@ng-cd1.aol.com>...
>I am using Delphi 3 C/S and am having problems that I cannot seem to find
an
>answer for.

>The problem seems simple.

>1.  I have a table.
>2.  I add a record to this table.
>3.  I post the table.
>4.  Later on I kindly ask the table if I can edit it.
>5.  The table tells me that 'Another user has changed the record'

>I see no reason why I should be receiving this error.  I am using Local
>Interbase, and am the ONLY user on the system.

Re:Help! Another user changed the record

Can you post a simplied procedure that demonstrates the problem?

SBrodsky68 <sbrodsk...@aol.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:19990615164405.01897.00000...@ng-cd1.aol.com...

On 15 Jun 1999 20:44:05 GMT, sbrodsk...@aol.com (SBrodsky68) wrote:

>I am using Delphi 3 C/S and am having problems that I cannot seem to find an
>answer for.

>The problem seems simple.

>1.  I have a table.
>2.  I add a record to this table.
>3.  I post the table.
>4.  Later on I kindly ask the table if I can edit it.
>5.  The table tells me that 'Another user has changed the record'

>I see no reason why I should be receiving this error.  I am using Local
>Interbase, and am the ONLY user on the system.

>Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

It happens because BDE is reading a value different from the one it
previously wrote.  It might be triggers, as others have suggested, or
it may be a precision problem.

This latter applies to both float fields and datetime fields (time
being handled as a fractional part).  It is a common enough problem,
if you are using an UpdateMode upWhereAll.

I suggest you use SQL monitor to see exactly what values the BDE is
expecting to find on the table.

If you are using cached updates you can try removing float and date
fields from the WHERE  clause of the UPDATE and DELETE statements, ONE
AT A TIME, to find out where the problem is.

Regards,

--
Marco Rocci
MicroEra srl