How to put a Paradox table on CD-ROM?

Hello all,

anyone able to answer the above question?

In some Inprise TI, I found a hint to create LCK-files for the table an put
them on the CD together with the table's files. But this didn't work. A
message like "directory is read only" appears on opening the table. This is
absolutly true. But what can I do about that?

--
Dipl.-Inform. Henning Moeller
IP Team Raabe + Moeller GmbH

[fuer eMail-Antworten: entferne ".nixspam"]
[for eMail-replies: remove ".nixspam"]

Re:How to put a Paradox table on CD-ROM?

Hi Henning!

Did you try to specify ReadOnly property of your TTable to TRUE?

Hope it helps
Aleksandar

Henning Moeller wrote in message <35B6EAF7.C36AF...@ipteam.nixspam.de>...
>In some Inprise TI, I found a hint to create LCK-files for the table an put
>them on the CD together with the table's files. But this didn't work. A
>message like "directory is read only" appears on opening the table. This is
>absolutly true. But what can I do about that?

>--
>Dipl.-Inform. Henning Moeller
>IP Team Raabe + Moeller GmbH

Re:How to put a Paradox table on CD-ROM?

>In some Inprise TI, I found a hint to create LCK-files for the table an put
>them on the CD together with the table's files.

There is a special kind of .lck file for a readonly directory.  Did you create
on of thes or just a standard .lck file?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:How to put a Paradox table on CD-ROM?

Hello Brian,

> There is a special kind of .lck file for a readonly directory.  Did you create
> on of thes or just a standard .lck file?

I didn't know that there are different kinds. How do I create such a
special .lck file?

--

Dipl.-Inform. Henning Moeller
IP Team Raabe + Moeller GmbH

[fuer eMail-Antworten: entferne ".nixspam"]
[for eMail-replies: remove ".nixspam"]

Re:How to put a Paradox table on CD-ROM?

>I didn't know that there are different kinds. How do I create such a
>special .lck file?

This is the official reference
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI3104.html

this is the actual code

 Check(DbiAcqPersistTableLock(Database1.Handle, 'PARADOX.DRO','PARADOX'));

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads