D8 to Latinoamerican users

2003-12-26 08:42:49 PM
delphi145
Borland:
When will receive here in Argentina the one month ago already buyed
(and payed) copy of D8???
I ask it many times, but still can not get a answer.
By the way, is really frustrating the price of Delphi 8 Here is aprox U$s 500,
100 buckets more that USA.
German Pablo Gentile (MaxKalZone)

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

"German Pablo Gentile (MaxKalZone)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
By the way, is really frustrating the price of Delphi 8 Here is aprox U$s 500,
100 buckets more that USA.
You paid in buckets? But do those buckets all hold water? :)
(reference to earlier "What is a bug" thread)
Just joking with you! The American slang for dollars is "bucks,"
not "buckets."
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Chair, Paradox/Delphi SIG, Cincinnati PC Users Group

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

"German Pablo Gentile (MaxKalZone)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I wondering how funny must be if you say that in Spanish (my first
language).
I wouldn't even try! :) I suppose I could come up with some badly
mangled French or German, but it would probably be less coherent
than your English.
As to your original "rant," most everybody's taking a few vacation
days right now. Give them a few days to get back in the office
before expecting them to track your order status. it is my
understanding the first English copies shipped just a few days
ago, so everybody who paid a month or two ago has been waiting
almost as long as you.
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Chair, Paradox/Delphi SIG, Cincinnati PC Users Group

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

El Fri, 26 Dec 2003 06:58:56 -0700, Rick Carter escribi?
You paid in buckets? But do those buckets all hold water? :)
(reference to earlier "What is a bug" thread)

Just joking with you! The American slang for dollars is "bucks,"
not "buckets."

I wondering how funny must be if you say that in Spanish (my first
language).
Common, try to traduce my words at Spanish without a translator.
German.

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

El Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:42:49 -0300, German Pablo Gentile (MaxKalZone)
escribi?
Borland:
When will receive here in Argentina the one month ago already buyed
(and payed) copy of D8???
I ask it many times, but still can not get a answer.
By the way, is really frustrating the price of Delphi 8 Here is aprox U$s 500,
100 buckets more that USA.

German Pablo Gentile (MaxKalZone)
So?
David I, John Kaster, Anders Ohlsson, nobody at Borland can ask that
simple question?
Come on!!!
German.

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

El Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:06:33 -0700, Rick Carter escribi?
As to your original "rant," most everybody's taking a few vacation
days right now. Give them a few days to get back in the office
before expecting them to track your order status. it is my
understanding the first English copies shipped just a few days
ago, so everybody who paid a month or two ago has been waiting
almost as long as you.
Maybe my english is not clear. I don't want they process my order.
I ordered here in Argentina. They say it takes about one month. I just
want to hear that from Borland. I want to know if is true or just a
mistake from local offices.
If it takes a month, i don't know what to say, i feel in the XIX century...
I know most Boarland people are at vacation, but i put a question to John
(Kaster) and never ask. But i also see he ask other questions after my
post.
I really love Borland and don't like people complaining all the time, but
i hate when they make the mysterious, enigmatic, secret, cryptic.*All that
adjetives courtesy of babylon* ;)
Best Regards.

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

David I, John Kaster, Anders Ohlsson, nobody at Borland can ask that
simple question?
I believe they are all on vacation/holiday. If question that can not wait
call your local borland office.
I suspect you will recieve your copy in the next 2-3 weeks as it has just
started shipping, and only
a few people have recieved there copies.
Robert Love

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

"Rick Carter" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
As to your original "rant," most everybody's taking a few vacation
days right now. Give them a few days to get back in the office
before expecting them to track your order status. it is my
understanding the first English copies shipped just a few days
ago, so everybody who paid a month or two ago has been waiting
almost as long as you.
Well, reality is that German is buying from a local representative who
in turn imports the material and pay taxes. This means lead-time to get
the products for the dealer and then to the customer *and* extra cost
after paying duties etc.
I see this problem in my usual work everyday but I do think this could
easily be improved by lowering the price for countries other than US
and by having the packages sent overseas earlier.
However since the latest seems more difficult - there could be perhaps
an option to allow a special trial for the users until the final package
arrives.
Spare thoughts....

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

"German Pablo Gentile (MaxKalZone)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Borland:
>When will receive here in Argentina the one month ago already buyed
>(and payed) copy of D8???
>I ask it many times, but still can not get a answer.
>By the way, is really frustrating the price of Delphi 8 Here is aprox U$s 500,
>100 buckets more that USA.
Not sure when product gets to different parts of the world. Shipping takes
time. And then products have to get in to resellers hands.
Regarding pricing - there has almost always been different pricing in
different countries ever since the beginning of the company. Some resellers
add some costs.
--
David Intersimone "David I"
VP, Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist

Re:D8 to Latinoamerican users

El Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:44:28 -0800, David Intersimone (Borland) escribi?
Not sure when product gets to different parts of the world. Shipping takes
time. And then products have to get in to resellers hands.

Regarding pricing - there has almost always been different pricing in
different countries ever since the beginning of the company. Some resellers
add some costs.
Ok, thanks for the answer.
German.