Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

2004-01-07 02:13:14 AM
delphi101
Dave Jewell writes:
"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>Yes. How come no one noticed it before?

Indeed.
Not even people from DevExpress? <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

Brion L. Webster writes:
Rudy, double-check the updates page. you will see that Leroy is
mostly correct - there isn't a single update that anyone running D7
Enterprise would need, unless they're using dbExpress for DB2 or MS
SQL, or StarTeam, or Rave, or VisiBroker. Arguably, these are not
"D7 itself", but more fringe stuff.
Sure, but that wasn't the claim, AFAIK.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"I don't feel good." - Luther Burbank, dying words

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

Read the articles listed on the QC web site. Review newsgroup postings
by me about QC. That has always been one of the features of QC. Can't
do much about people ignoring that point.
If this is true, why the emphasis on voting? Why expose that feature to the
end users? In my cross sections of reading, I heard a lot about voting.
Nuf said.
Ed Dressel

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

Reply to rudy cancelled due to personal attack (not on Rudy per se,
but against all of TeamB). Please express your point of view without
ad homenim attacks.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
How to ask questions the smart way:

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) writes:
Brion L. Webster writes:

>Rudy, double-check the updates page. you will see that Leroy is
>mostly correct - there isn't a single update that anyone
>running Delphi 7 Enterprise would need, unless they're using
>dbExpress for DB2 or MS SQL, or StarTeam, or Rave, or
>VisiBroker. Arguably, these are not "D7 itself", but more
>fringe stuff.

Sure, but that wasn't the claim, AFAIK.
I know you're busy, and probably at home in the evening taking time
away from your family, but...I'm waffling back towards the "TeamB
just defends Borland" side of the camp, and I *know* that isn't
true. All this worrying about exactly what specific little tidbits
mean and who said what is just irritating, and doesn't address the
issues. Anyway.
From a few messages up-Leroy brought up updates for "D7 itself".
Perhaps you and I have different "claim"s we are responding to.
-Brion
From: Leroy Casterline <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
Subject: Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express
components
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:30:48 -0700
I don't see a single update there for Delphi 7 itself. Just updates for
docs &
fixes for some 3rd party stuff. What am I missing?

Dave Jewell writes:

>"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>
>>Yes. How come no one noticed it before?
>
>Indeed.

Not even people from DevExpress? <g>

And your point would be that it is someone else's responsibility other than
Borland's?
Or are you just being clever like some of the other TeamB attack dogs on
this forum?
-d

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

Anders Ohlsson (Borland) writes:
The problem has been reported. Corbin has posted that he's looking into
it. I have discussed it on the phone with both Ray and Richard. We'll let
you know when we have a solution.
Yes, but obviously not when C#Builder came out?
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

Dennis Landi writes:

One thing is for sure, participants in these discussion SHOULD NOT
have the power to cancel messages, period.
Dennis --
Personal attacks will not be tolerated here by anyone.
Just so you know.
I'm sorry that you feel otherwise.
--
Nick Hodges (TeamB)
Lemanix Corporation - (www.lemanix.com)

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. vertexsoftware.com]>
writes news:3ffb125b$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

Reply to rudy cancelled due to personal attack (not on Rudy per se,
but against all of TeamB). Please express your point of view without
ad homenim attacks.

-Craig

Please stick to answering technical questions in the technical newsgroups.
TeamB has demonstrated repeatedly that they are basically un-fit to
participate in these non-technical discussions.
I applaud the really useful TeamB-ers who don't participate in these
non-technical discussions.
One thing is for sure, participants in these discussion SHOULD NOT have the
power to cancel messages, period.
-d

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

Dennis,
<< One thing is for sure, participants in these discussion SHOULD NOT have
the power to cancel messages, period.>>
I couldn't agree more.
Ole Willy Tuv

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

"Iman L Crawford" <ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com>writes
"Dennis Landi" <none[at]none.com>wrote in
>One thing is for sure, participants in these discussion SHOULD NOT
>have the power to cancel messages, period.

Please don't start down this path. non-tech will end up like off-topic
with something similar to the below added to every message.

<quote>
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but
Borland reserves the right to cancel posts at any time, for any
reason, without notice.
</quote>

TeamB can POLICE all they like, but they shouldn't being using their BADGE
to participate in these discussions!

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

"Dennis Landi" <none[at]none.com>wrote in
One thing is for sure, participants in these discussion SHOULD NOT
have the power to cancel messages, period.
Please don't start down this path. non-tech will end up like off-topic
with something similar to the below added to every message.
<quote>
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but
Borland reserves the right to cancel posts at any time, for any
reason, without notice.
</quote>
--
Iman

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

Developer Express - Ray writes:
Damn it Rudy, how can you possibly know this?
I didn't, that is why I had the question mark there. Now was the first
time I have ever seen anyone mention it, here or elsewhere.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually

Re: Delphi 8 doesn't work with some Developer Express components

"Dennis Landi" <none[at]none.com>wrote in
TeamB can POLICE all they like, but they shouldn't being using their
BADGE to participate in these discussions!
They can delete messages at their discretion. It that ruffles too many
feathers I'd suggest not posting here, instead of complaining about it.
We've gone through this whole think in off-topic and it can get ugly.
--
Iman

>TeamB can POLICE all they like, but they shouldn't being using their
>BADGE to participate in these discussions!

They can delete messages at their discretion. It that ruffles too many
feathers I'd suggest not posting here, instead of complaining about
it.
We've gone through this whole think in off-topic and it can get ugly.

Well, frankly I said what I wanted to say.
I am not particulary interested in discussing it...
We can drop it... (consider that an INVITATION to drop it)
-d