2 TIamgeList Questions

2007-04-12 06:25:34 AM
delphi2
Hi All,
Question 1
Though I am able to add more than 21 bit maps to my TImageList,
I can display only the first 21. If I set the imageindex
property to 21 or higher, a blank image is displayed.
That is to say that the caption moves to accommodate the image,
but no image is visible. What is up with that?
Question 2
If I save images to a resource file and then load them from a
resource file, is the need for distributing the Comctl32.dll
file with my application eliminated?
Thanks and enjoy your day!
John Ullom

Re:2 TIamgeList Questions

Hi!
John Ullom escreveu:
Hi All,

Question 1

Though I am able to add more than 21 bit maps to my TImageList,

I can display only the first 21. If I set the imageindex

property to 21 or higher, a blank image is displayed.

That is to say that the caption moves to accommodate the image,

but no image is visible. What is up with that?
Well, how large are your images?

Question 2

If I save images to a resource file and then load them from a

resource file, is the need for distributing the Comctl32.dll

file with my application eliminated?
No, your application would still need to be linked with comctl32.dll
because TImageList uses the windows image list control. But this
shouldn't be a major problem because this dll comes with windows since
win95 IIRC.
Hope that helps!

Thanks and enjoy your day!

John Ullom