Recompiling (part of) Bold

2005-07-06 06:53:55 PM
delphi184
I downloaded Bold for D2005.
There are some problems with TBoldDataSet and there were some fixes
posted in these NGs. I changed the sources of BoldDataSet.pas accordingly.
Now, the big question is, how do I recompile it?
LP,
Dejan

Re:Recompiling (part of) Bold

Hi,
You need to recompile Bold40D7VCLGUI.dpk. Not sure if it is included in Bold
for D2005.
Regards,
Danny
"Dejan Stanic" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I downloaded Bold for D2005.

There are some problems with TBoldDataSet and there were some fixes
posted in these NGs. I changed the sources of BoldDataSet.pas accordingly.

Now, the big question is, how do I recompile it?

LP,
Dejan

Re:Recompiling (part of) Bold

"Daniel Mauric" <danny at n o s p a m neobee dot net>writes

You need to recompile Bold40D7VCLGUI.dpk. Not sure if it is included in
Bold
for D2005.
iirc not all of it; not the IDE parts. It ought to be possibe to rcompile
the run time parts though.
--Jesper

Re:Recompiling (part of) Bold

Well, it just tried it with D2005 Bold download (installed as written in
README).
I got something along the lines that 'never build package BOLD must be
recompiled' and then 'this was compiled with different version of IOTA
OpenTools API'(*).
Anyway, it doesn't matter - as I only needed to put wanted changes (= as
suggested in these NGs) in BoldDataSet.pas I just copied it, renamed
TBoldDataSet to T(something)BoldDataSet, applied changes, put it in my
user .DPK and voila.
LP,
Dejan
(*)
This is from memory, so transcript is probably far from accurate.