help importing Quickbooks Foundation classes

2003-11-17 03:25:22 AM
delphi77
I can not seem to import this type library. Apparently the controls are all
embedded in a DLL. but I can not get them to show up in the Import ActiveX
dialog. Any ideas? I can supply the DLLs if that would help.
----
mike

Re:help importing Quickbooks Foundation classes

Sorry ...
using D7Pro on XPpro
Mike Simaska writes:
I can not seem to import this type library. Apparently the controls
are all embedded in a DLL. but I can not get them to show up in the
Import ActiveX dialog. Any ideas? I can supply the DLLs if that
would help. ----
mike

Re:help importing Quickbooks Foundation classes

I can not seem to import this type library. Apparently the controls are all
embedded in a DLL. but I can not get them to show up in the Import ActiveX
dialog. Any ideas? I can supply the DLLs if that would help.
using D7Pro on WinXPpro
----
mike

Re:help importing Quickbooks Foundation classes

<<Mike Simaska:
Apparently the controls are all embedded in a DLL. but I
can't get them to show up in the Import ActiveX dialog.

Try seting the Tools | Environment Options | Type library |
Ignore CanCreate flags when importing option to true before
importing the control.
--
Deborah Pate (TeamB) delphi-jedi.org
TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs

Re:help importing Quickbooks Foundation classes

Thanks for the suggestion (at least someone has one<g>!) but no success. I
tried checking ALL the boxes and still no results.
Current the Type Library page is as follows
Safe Call | Only Dual
Language | IDL
Ignore X
Predefined,Restricted, Hidden, Can Create X'd
Display Updates [unchecked]
The Import ActiveX wizard seems only to find OCX controls, not controls
embedded in a DLL.
----
mike
Deborah Pate (TeamB) writes:
<<Mike Simaska:
Apparently the controls are all embedded in a DLL. but I
can't get them to show up in the Import ActiveX dialog.

Try seting the Tools | Environment Options | Type library |
Ignore CanCreate flags when importing option to true before
importing the control.

Re:help importing Quickbooks Foundation classes

<<Mike Simaska:
Thanks for the suggestion (at least someone has one<g>!)
but no success.

So it contains no activex /controls/ at all, it is just a
normal automation library? In that case you shouldn't be
using Import ActiveX control, but Import type library. :)
--

Deborah Pate (TeamB) writes:
So it contains no activex /controls/ at all, it is just a
normal automation library? In that case you shouldn't be
using Import ActiveX control, but Import type library. :)
That worked! I was going down the Import ActiveX control path as per the
directions of some folks over at Intuit. OTOH I have no experience using
Import Type Library (until now) -- never even knew it existed. Thanks a
lot!