Convert to Soap?

2007-02-02 09:21:37 PM
delphi238
we currently have a lot of clients that we host for that use our datasnap
applications. At the moment we use a standard Remote app and connect to it
using TWebConnection which provides us with an easily created stateless
implementation. We use the Midess components to manage the stateless
datasets.
One problem we have is that we have several clients who use the same
applciation but, because of the com implementation, we can only run one on a
single machine - we did try messing abou with the GUIDs but the management
of the source code became a nightmare. As a result we have ended up using a
virtual server for each implementation which seems a bit overkill.
I was thinking that we could switch to SOAP datamodules and use the
webservice interface as this means we could run them all on the same server,
but with different urls (yes?). Our app is quite complex with the server
using child rdm's and the client TSharedConnections. Can this be done in
Soap Datamodules?
Anyway, I can not see any examples of a complex app like this and am wondering
whether a conversion is likely to take more time than a complete rewrite.
Any help/pointers gratefully received.
Russell

Re:Convert to Soap?

"Russell Weetch" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
[...]

There is a TSOAPConnection that should be plug-and-play with Datasnap. I've
never had much luck getting it to work, though. You may want to give it a
try.
Dan