Asynchronous SOAP calls

2005-05-10 08:23:59 PM
delphi277
I'm currently investigating SOAP / Web Services support Delphi 7 for an
application and I have the following question:
Is it possible to make an asynchronous SOAP method call from a Delphi
GUI (Windows) application ? I was thinking about using another thread to
make the request and receive the response, but I couldn't find anything
about multithreading and SOAP clients in Delphi...
Also, I'd be interested if its possible to receive some sort of
progress feedback from that thread into the main GUI thread to display a
simple progress bar, but most importantly, how to cleanly abort an
ongoing SOAP request from the main thread without causing any leaks ?
Thanks in advance !

Re:Asynchronous SOAP calls

Daniel Ardelian writes:
I'm currently investigating SOAP / Web Services support Delphi 7 for
an application and I have the following question:

Is it possible to make an asynchronous SOAP method call from a
Delphi GUI (Windows) application ? I was thinking about using another
thread to make the request and receive the response, but I couldn't
find anything about multithreading and SOAP clients in Delphi...
check out:
shenoyatwork.blogspot.com/2004/06/cancelling-soap-function-call.h
tml - has an example of how you can use threads to make soap calls.
There might be memory leaks though - I haven't really bothered to
change the thread architecture to make it fail safe, at the moment.
(basically it closes the thread handle, but the thread exits gracefully)
Also, I'd be interested if its possible to receive some sort of
progress feedback from that thread into the main GUI thread to
display a simple progress bar, but most importantly, how to cleanly
abort an ongoing SOAP request from the main thread without causing
any leaks ?
Check the earlier link and also:
www.agnisoft.com/white_papers/dlprogress/dlprogress.asp
--
Deepak Shenoy (TeamB)
Agni Software (www.agnisoft.com)

Re:Asynchronous SOAP calls

Deepak Shenoy (TeamB) writes:
check out:
shenoyatwork.blogspot.com/2004/06/cancelling-soap-function-call.h
www.agnisoft.com/white_papers/dlprogress/dlprogress.asp
Thanks a lot ! The links you provided are a good starting point for a
solution to my problems but also contain lots of other useful
information and insight into Delphi SOAP.