Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

2003-07-10 10:22:01 PM
delphi87
Kristofer Skaug writes:
Wow! Indeed...
what did you do at U of M (major)?
Electrical Engineering. But it was post-grad. I explored different
colleges and different majors for three years after my B.S. before
deciding that seven years of school was plenty and I needed to get into
the real world.
-Craig

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" wrote

Electrical Engineering.
The EECS building was certainly very nice...
But it was post-grad. I explored different
colleges and different majors for three years after my B.S. before
deciding that seven years of school was plenty and I needed to get into
the real world.
Ah, I had to come to The Netherlands before I realised this... <G>
Kristofer

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

Derek Davidson writes:
insulting and reminiscent of school ground politics. Like it or not,
as a Team B member you're held to a higher standard.
Evidently, TeamB is held to a god-like standard.
However, being held to a ridiculously high and unreasonable standard by
the people on these newsgroups is something I can recognize.
--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, bdn.borland.com
$1280/$50K: homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/thanks.html

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
Evidently, TeamB is held to a god-like standard.
Really? So tell me John, is it OK to say "Maybe you should go back and
take a remedial reading class" to another newsgroup participant? For
anybody - not just Team B.
However, being held to a ridiculously high and unreasonable standard
by the people on these newsgroups is something I can recognize.
So, let's be clear, you're saying that it is a "ridiculously high and
unreasonable standard" to expect Team B members to refrain from saying
things like "Maybe you should go back and take a remedial reading
class" to another newsgroup participant?
--
Derek Davidson
www.enterpriseblue.com
It all happens 1 Sep 2003

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

"John Kaster (Borland)" writes:

Evidently, TeamB is held to a god-like standard.

However, being held to a ridiculously high and
unreasonable standard by the people on these
newsgroups is something I can recognize.
I sympathize with the points you make, but they are not directly relevant to
the issue in question. The silence about the issue in question leads to me
believe that someone is making sure an outburst like that doesn't happen
again. that is good.
-Luk-

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

"Luk Vermeulen" <Arf>writes
The silence about the issue in question leads to me
believe that someone is making sure an outburst like that doesn't happen
again. that is good.
You forgot <SARC>(<G>)

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Electrical Engineering. But it was post-grad.
My little brother got a PhD in EE from Duke. It doesn't seem to be doing
great things for his employability. He's employed but that ends in Sept and
he has nothing else lined up right now. Maybe you dodged a bullet on that
one, Craig?

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

Posted using Jake's Super Newsreader 0.9.2.953
Kewl. I actually do have more than one user! I will have to treat myself to
another GameCube game as a reward.

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

"John Kaster (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Evidently, TeamB is held to a god-like standard.
Considering some of the things attributed to gods, that is not a very high
standard.
However, high or not, given the recent penchant among TeamB to censor posts
for even mild transgressions, it does seem to reveal a double standard.
Personally, I think there has been way too much touchy-feely politically
correct sensitivity training here on these newsgroups. This row over Mr.
Overcash's caustic response is a reaction to that type of increasingly
excessive oversight. {*word*62}s should be allowed to tell each other when they
are being an idiot.

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

"Jake" wrote

Kewl. I actually do have more than one user! I will have to treat myself to
another GameCube game as a reward.
A medal with a definite flipside... you will never have time to play with it
once they start clamoring on the 'support' bell... <g>
Kristofer

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

"Jake" <johnjac76[nospam]@comcast.net>wrote in
Personally, I think there has been way too much touchy-feely
politically correct sensitivity training here on these newsgroups.
agreed.
--
Iman
"If I had to live my life all over again," said Woody Allen, "I'd do it all

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

Luk Vermeulen writes:
the issue in question. The silence about the issue in question leads to me
believe that someone is making sure an outburst like that doesn't happen
again.
I commented privately to Jeff about the sentence that has everyone so up
in arms. Funny that people are spotlighting that sentence and not the
rest of his point. He said something about killing the thread in his
newsgroup reader so he didn't have to see it again.
--

Derek Davidson writes:
Really? So tell me John, is it OK to say "Maybe you should go back and
take a remedial reading class" to another newsgroup participant? For
anybody - not just Team B.
No, it is not. But others won't get vociferously crucified for saying
something like that after repeated provocation.
So, let's be clear, you're saying that it is a "ridiculously high and
unreasonable standard" to expect Team B members to refrain from saying
things like "Maybe you should go back and take a remedial reading
class" to another newsgroup participant?
No, you're not being clear. it is a "ridiculously high and unreasonable
standard" to use TeamB or Borland employees as a newsgroup punching bag
and expect them to gracefully accept the{*word*128}in the mouth.
--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, bdn.borland.com
$1280/$50K: homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/thanks.html
Make a wish: qc.borland.com * Get source
codecentral.borland.com

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

Iman L Crawford writes:
agreed.
Funny, I agree with Jake, too.
Unfortunately, it appears that I personally (at least) as a Borland
employee *am* being held to the "perfect political correctness"
standard, as much as I detest it and believe that it is actually one of
the most socially undermining behaviors ever foisted on a community by
shallow-thinking do-gooders.
I think political correctness is a wonderful way to be condescending and
hateful while still giving you room to weasel out of that behavior if
you're accused of it.
I'm not going to play that game, as much as some people on these
newsgroups think a "corporate representative" should always turn the
other cheek.
--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, bdn.borland.com
$1280/$50K: homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/thanks.html
Make a wish: qc.borland.com * Get source
codecentral.borland.com

Re: Will K4 ship with D8?

"John Kaster (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Funny, I agree with Jake, too.
Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day! <g>
I'm not going to play that game, as much as some people on these
newsgroups think a "corporate representative" should always turn the
other cheek.
Some of us think more highly of someone who is honest than of someone who is
"polite". In fact, some of my best friendships started from someone telling
me in so many words that I was an idiot.