TeamB

2003-12-09 08:33:00 PM
delphi271
Someone from TeamB please cancel that illegal money scam in b.p.
attachments and ban the dude who posted it..

Re:TeamB

Someone from TeamB please cancel that illegal money scam in b.p.
attachments and ban the dude who posted it..
there's one in the OT ng as well.
Lauchlan M

Re:TeamB

Rhys Sage writes:
Will this task become a little easier now that the anti-spam
legislation has been passed in the US?
No. Not one bit.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase Performance Monitor -- Analyze and control your IB7
server: delphi.weblogs.com/IBPerformanceMonitor

Re:TeamB

John Herbster (TeamB) writes:
I have no idea what that legislation does.
It ensures that commercial mass mailers will be able to continue their
business as usual, mostly.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase in Multi-tier World -- Use multiple RDMs, IB features in
your appserver: delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$195

Re:TeamB

"Marco Caspers" wrote
Someone from TeamB please cancel that illegal money
scam in b.p. attachments and ban the dude who posted it.
It would help if you would quote the exact subject line.
I have cancelled a couple of them recently and e-mailed
a complaint to the abuse adr for their ISP. Rgds, JohnH

Re:TeamB

Will this task become a little easier now that the anti-spam legislation has
been passed in the US?
"John Herbster (TeamB)" <herb-sci1_AT_sbcglobal.net>writes

"Marco Caspers" wrote

"Rhys Sage" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
Will this task become a little easier now that the
anti-spam legislation has been passed in the US?
I have no idea what that legislation does. What I have
heard might help, is fuller implementation of IPv6.
See www.ipv6.org/ Rgds, JohnH

Re:TeamB

Obvious, because any law have the problem that requiere be respected to
work!

Re:TeamB

"mamcx" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Rhys Sage writes:
>>Will this task become a little easier now that the anti-spam
>>legislation has been passed in the US?
>No. Not one bit.
>-Craig
Obvious, because any law have the problem that requiere be respected to
work!

Which is why our roads become more congested, rude and dangerous each week.
They are currently more a therapy group than a transportation system.
Kirk Halgren
It is not true that suffering ennobles the character; happiness does that
sometimes, but suffering for the most part, makes men petty and vindictive.
-- Somerset Maugham

Re:TeamB

John Herbster (TeamB) writes:

"Marco Caspers" wrote
>Someone from TeamB please cancel that illegal money
>scam in b.p. attachments and ban the dude who posted it.

It would help if you would quote the exact subject line.
I have cancelled a couple of them recently and e-mailed
a complaint to the abuse adr for their ISP. Rgds, JohnH
<<<<<<<
"Make yourslef millions of dollars in no time!!!!!!!"
Note the typo, that is why anti spam solutions don't spot it..
Also another trick commonly used by spammers is send HTML posts with a
lot of remark statements with normal words in between the offending
words, sometimes even between letters of the offending words.
Because the rendering leaves out the remarks, you see the offending
text, whereas the mostly heuristics based anti spam solutions count
'tokens' and 'words' and 'patterns'. Because most of these can not handle
html correctly, so they see about 80-90% normal words, thus not
triggering the spam threshold..

Re:TeamB

"Marco Caspers" <*nospam*@haxor.vaxor.com>writes
| Also another trick commonly used by spammers is send HTML posts with a
| lot of remark statements with normal words in between the offending
| words, sometimes even between letters of the offending words.
| Because the rendering leaves out the remarks, you see the offending
| text, whereas the mostly heuristics based anti spam solutions count
| 'tokens' and 'words' and 'patterns'. Because most of these can not handle
| html correctly, so they see about 80-90% normal words, thus not
| triggering the spam threshold..
POPFiles converts these into 'normal' words before processing, and I think others do as
well.

Re:TeamB

Marco Caspers writes:
"Make yourslef millions of dollars in no time!!!!!!!"

Note the typo, that is why anti spam solutions don't spot it..
A Bayesian filter would see through all of these tricks. But there is
no spam filter at all (other than us :) on the news server so it is kind
of a moot point.
But the HTML and misspellings don't fool SpamBayes, which I use on my
email here at work.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
news server: info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:TeamB

My own antispam filter is pretty cunning in its simplicity:
Users listed in WAB get through - no problems. The subject is parsed and the
words added to the "permitted subject" list.
The first 5 lines of each email from a listed user are parsed and added to
the "permitted text" list.
Unknown senders are compared first against the subject list and secondly
against the text list. Those failing at the subject list are deleted from
the server. Those passing the subject test and failing the text list are
also deleted.
emails with blank subject lines or with empty lines in the first 5 lines are
deleted.
Simple and efficient.
Rhys

Re:TeamB

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:
[snip]
But the HTML and misspellings don't fool SpamBayes, which I use on my
email here at work.
<<<<<<<
Looks very interresting.
spambayes.sourceforge.net/