What's up with Developers Express

2007-06-13 06:37:11 AM
delphi27
We've emailed support about an issue. No reply. I have telephoned and left
messages with pre-sales questions. No reply. I have emailed their sales
department with questions. No reply. Are they biting the dust ?
Terry.
ps.. it is not my spam filter blocking their correspondance because their
automated messages get though.

Re:What's up with Developers Express

Terry writes:
We've emailed support about an issue. No reply. I have telephoned and left
messages with pre-sales questions. No reply. I have emailed their sales
department with questions. No reply. Are they biting the dust ?
Hm. You sure your support contract is still active?
--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at www.tamaracka.com/search.htm

Terry writes:
We've emailed support about an issue. No reply. I have telephoned
and left messages with pre-sales questions. No reply. I have emailed
their sales department with questions. No reply. Are they biting
the dust ?
I get a confirmation whenever a log a support request. Why don't you
try and post something on their news server.
--
Dean

Terry writes:
We've emailed support about an issue. No reply. I have telephoned and left
messages with pre-sales questions. No reply. I have emailed their sales
department with questions. No reply. Are they biting the dust ?
Please try posting your support request to their support center at:
https://www.devexpress.com/Support/Center

Re:What's up with Developers Express

If a voice mail and two emails don't get their attention, what makes you
think that will. I love their products and want to buy more but boy they
sure make it hard to do business :-)
Terry.
"Nathanial Woolls" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Terry writes:
>We've emailed support about an issue. No reply. I have telephoned and
>left messages with pre-sales questions. No reply. I have emailed their
>sales department with questions. No reply. Are they biting the dust ?

Please try posting your support request to their support center at:

https://www.devexpress.com/Support/Center

Re:What's up with Developers Express

Terry writes:
Are they biting the dust?
<rolls eyes>

Re:What's up with Developers Express

"Terry" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
If a voice mail and two emails don't get their attention, what makes you
think that will. I love their products and want to buy more but boy
they
sure make it hard to do business :-)

Terry.

Exactly how long has it been since you sent your emails? In my experience
they aren't the fastest, sometimes takes a day or two, but their responses
are the more thorough and show more care and attention than most other
vendors.
They have said that the preferred method is for requests through their
online support center, but they do still take email the old way. Either
way, they get put into the same FIFO queue. From their web site
also mark urgent items in the Support Center for priority handling, which
will promote them to the front of the FIFO queue.
The Support Center has some additional advantages over email, you can mark
incidents for public consumption, and you can search among available public
incidents which may just be the most immediate way to get an answer. You can
still request email notification using the support center.
-----------------------------

Re:What's up with Developers Express

Terry
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:37:11 -0700, "Terry"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
We've emailed support about an issue. No reply. I have telephoned and left
messages with pre-sales questions. No reply. I have emailed their sales
department with questions. No reply. Are they biting the dust ?
It's more like "What's up with that Julian at Developer Express?"
Sigh.
I'm phoning you now.
Julian M Bucknall
CTO, Developer Express, www.devexpress.com
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Personal blog at www.boyet.com
Company blog at community.devexpress.com/blogs/ctodx
Author of "Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms and Data Structures"
Read my articles in PCPlus every month

Re:What's up with Developers Express

Sorry with hijacking, but...
Julian, I was wondering if the 3 people on the planet that set the
property BeepOnEnter to true in the editors would mind if this property
would be set to false by default?
I post this here because I'd like to know if i am the only one that
it bothers. :)
Regards
Pierre

Re:What's up with Developers Express

Pierre

Alors ca, je ne sais pas. J'ecriverais a XXXX@XXXXX.COM.
Personal blog at www.boyet.com
Company blog at community.devexpress.com/blogs/ctodx
Author of "Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms and Data Structures"
Read my articles in PCPlus every month

Re:What's up with Developers Express

Hello Julian,
Alors ca, je ne sais pas. J'ecriverais a XXXX@XXXXX.COM.
Not that big of a deal. :) I just can not imagine that I'd deliver an
application where it goes beep, beep, beep and beep when moving from
one editors to another. But maybe that is just me. I'd think the
majority turn this property off, so why having it by default to true.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am more and more converting my own
components to yours these days and it is becoming an habit to check this
property. Since it doesn't seem to bother many others, my inquiry will
stop here. :)
Regards
Pierre