Testing SOAP Web Service

2008-01-22 07:20:56 AM
delphi248
Hi
I'm trying to test a webservice locally on my machine. I have the dll which I have compiled and I have IIS (5.1) installed on my XP machine. I imported the WSDL file and when I call the appropriate Get method to return the interface it "appears" to return the interface fine.
My problem is when I try to implement one of the methods returned by the interface I get an A/V in my dll which is ultimately what I am trying to debug. It seems though that when I invoke this method, my web serv dll isn't being loaded. I have copied the dll into the default iis folder of C:\Inetpub\wwwroot and when I "browse" to it through IE I can see the dll. I'd have thought invoking the interface would have caused my dll to load? I imported the wsdl file from the local wsdl.
Do I need to be doing something special to debug or get my dll to load. Even if I run my dll directly and set a test app as the host application or run my test app first and with my dll attach it to a process, it doesn't seem to work.
TIA
Jason

Re:Testing SOAP Web Service

Search on Google for a soap demo app of Bob Swarts. It'll show you how to
debug as well. In general, you need to create a webservice as a com
application to be able to test. The webserver is run by Delphi itself. If it
is all tested then there are a few minor steps to create a isapi/nsapi/cgi
app as well.
albert
"Jason Smart" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schreef in bericht

Hi

I'm trying to test a webservice locally on my machine. I have the dll
which I have compiled and I have IIS (5.1) installed on my XP machine. I
imported the WSDL file and when I call the appropriate Get method to
return the interface it "appears" to return the interface fine.

My problem is when I try to implement one of the methods returned by the
interface I get an A/V in my dll which is ultimately what I am trying to
debug. It seems though that when I invoke this method, my web serv dll
isn't being loaded. I have copied the dll into the default iis folder of
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot and when I "browse" to it through IE I can see the dll.
I would have thought invoking the interface would have caused my dll to
load? I imported the wsdl file from the local wsdl.

Do I need to be doing something special to debug or get my dll to load.
Even if I run my dll directly and set a test app as the host application
or run my test app first and with my dll attach it to a process, it
doesn't seem to work.

TIA

Jason

Re:Testing SOAP Web Service

Hello Jason,
An approach commonly used for Delphi WebServices is to have the service
implementation into a WebAppDe{*word*81} SOAP Server as these are much easier to
debug. Once you have this working, then you can move the exact same code to
a ISAPI DLL.
It is possible to debug an ISAPI DLL but it is much more involved since it's
loaded by IIS.
Cheers,
Bruneau.

Re:Testing SOAP Web Service

Have you set the IIS properties correctly:
Set the execute permissions to "Scripts and Executables"
- Ronald