installing packages in D2005?

2004-12-27 07:45:00 PM
delphi244
Hi,
I have a problem with installing packages in D2005/upgrade1.
I install packages by hand (with component->install packages),
start a new win32 project and start using the newly installed
components. The new project compiles and runs OK. I save the
project and close D2005.
Next, I reopen D2005 and it complains about not being able to
find the package I just installed. When I check the
component->install packages dialog box, the correct path to the
new package is missing completely.
I can re-install the package and again the new components are
there to be used. Etc, etc. Apparently the proper path to the
package is not stored when delphi exits.
This does not happen with all packages, but only with some. For
example, some of the jvcl3 packages work fine, others are
forgotten everytime I close D2005 (and they are all in the same
folder).
Anybody knows what is going on? I am tempted to go back to the
D6 that I used before. I am using win2000/sp4.
Ren?

Re:installing packages in D2005?

XXXX@XXXXX.COM writes:
I can re-install the package and again the new components are
there to be used. Etc, etc. Apparently the proper path to the
package is not stored when delphi exits.
Is delphi exiting cleanly?
This does not happen with all packages, but only with some. For
example, some of the jvcl3 packages work fine, others are
forgotten everytime I close D2005 (and they are all in the same
folder).
The JVCL stuff adds itself outside delphi rather than inside. Rightly
or wrongly I seem to recall always adding the source directory to the
path for packages Ive added all the way through my delphi history. If
its there thats cool if its not, Ive added.
One thing I did raise a QC for is that if you open a project, and some
packages such as you open your project and realise you havent yet
installed some wonderous component, and you update the default search
path etc, that the currently opened project doesnt realise the path has
changed until you go in to view the settings, at which point you will see
it in the box, pressing cancel wont help, you need to press ok for it
to kick in.