Who will be Borland's next CEO?

2005-07-09 08:59:25 AM
delphi97
NOBODY!!! Make a statement and go without a CEO. CEOs are extremely
overrated, I have rather have them spend the money on technical
visionaries not finance glamour boys. Borland needs stop following and
take the lead once more. I started using Borland products with the
release of Turbo C for one simple fact, it was designed with us code
jockeys in mind, who knew it was nothing less then {*word*155}. I can not say
I feel the same about Borland now as I did back then. I remember back
then{*word*154} on every word in the trade rags such as Dr Dobb's just to
get an idea of when the next release will be out, but it is been a while
since Borland came out with an industry standard changing product such
as Turbo Pascal, Delphi 1.0, Turbo De{*word*81}, or TASM ect. Our team has
been looking for the e{*word*277}ment elsewhere. I would like to see Borland take
the lead once more and come out with a native win64 compiler that puts
MS to shame once again. Delphi is still way ahead of it is time but it's
losing it is identity with dotNET, I hate nothing more than seeing it get
dummied down to fit into Microsoft's plan of market control. Bring back
the industry leading stability and performance that made Borland what it
was and what it can be.

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

"Adam Roslon" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
as Turbo Pascal, Delphi 1.0, Turbo De{*word*81}, or TASM ect. Our team has
been looking for the e{*word*277}ment elsewhere. I would like to see Borland take
the lead once more and come out with a native win64 compiler that puts
MS to shame once again. Delphi is still way ahead of it is time but it's
losing it is identity with dotNET, I hate nothing more than seeing it get
dummied down to fit into Microsoft's plan of market control. Bring back
the industry leading stability and performance that made Borland what it
was and what it can be.
100% agreed.
-- d
Need to see what's happening?
Check out the Delphi Community Blog Aggregator
delphi.flashblogger.com

<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
NOBODY!!! Make a statement and go without a CEO. CEOs are extremely
overrated
In this Sarbanes-Oxley world, that is probably not possible. Somebody at the
very top has to sign the final numbers authoritatively. Whether you call it a
CEO or whatever.
--
Posted with Reader3000-BETA 0.9.4.942

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

"Captain Jake" wrote
Adam Roslon
>NOBODY!!! Make a statement and go without a CEO. CEOs are extremely
>overrated

In this Sarbanes-Oxley world, that is probably not possible. Somebody at the
very top has to sign the final numbers authoritatively. Whether you call it a
CEO or whatever.

Just goes to show how much you Jake-legged economists know about the *real*
world, you only need someone named Patsy. ;-)

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

Dennis Landi writes:
100% agreed.
OMG! I 100% agree with Dennis. Assume the position! Prepare for the
crash! The world is ending!

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

Angra Mainyu <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
Just goes to show how much you Jake-legged economists know about the *real*
world, you only need someone named Patsy. ;-)
Or at least someone who acts like one. <g>
--
Everything in this post is mere opinion.
Posted with Reader3000-BETA 0.9.4.942

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

I agree with you Adam, today's Borland has nothing common with that company
we loved and follow in the past.
George

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

I don't think you could get away with not having a CEO, although you could
make decisions by commitee I'd assume that (as in the UK) someone
ultimately has to have legal responsibility for accounts being in on time
etc.
However, I enjoyed reading your post, it filled me with nostalgia :-)
--
Pete
====

Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software] writes:
someone ultimately has to have legal responsibility for accounts being in
on time etc.
Oh yes? I have never ever heard of a CEO held responsible (financially and
legally) if the company collapsed under the weight of its board's
decisions...as long as you don't obviously lie to the authorities there's
little that can happen to you.
The media may boo and hiss at them for a week or two, but that is it.
--
Ben

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

Oh yes?
In the UK the managing director is solely responsible for ensuring that the
end of year accounts are submitted to companies house in time, failing to do
so results in a personal fine.
--
Pete
====
ECO Modeler, Audio compression components, DIB graphics controls,
FastStrings
www.droopyeyes.com
Read or write articles on just about anything
www.HowToDoThings.com
My blog
blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software] writes:
In the UK the managing director is solely responsible for ensuring
that the end of year accounts are submitted to companies house in
time, failing to do so results in a personal fine.
What a barbaric way to treat the backbones of economy. ;-)
Here the company (the legal entity as opposed to a "natural person") is
fined. No personal fines.
--
Ben

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

Applause!!!

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

Enjoyed the post.
"Adam Roslon" writes:
NOBODY!!! Make a statement and go without a CEO. CEOs are extremely
overrated, I have rather have them spend the money on technical
visionaries not finance glamour boys. Borland needs stop following and
take the lead once more.
To pilot a ship you need a captain, in today's world that is supposed to be
the CEO. But like a captain, you need to chart where you're heading.
Technical visionary, as you suggest, is who you'd want.
BTW - Borland's got some of those Technical Visionaries already within who
connect with Developers: David I., Michael Swindell (perhaps). More
thoughts here. tinyurl.com/8qq79
I started using Borland products with the
release of Turbo C for one simple fact, it was designed with us code
jockeys in mind, who knew it was nothing less then {*word*155}.
here here!
I'd like to see Borland take
the lead once more and come out with a native win64 compiler that puts
MS to shame once again. Delphi is still way ahead of it is time but it's
losing it is identity with dotNET, I hate nothing more than seeing it get
dummied down to fit into Microsoft's plan of market control.
yes - Win64 would be a nice place to focus! tinyurl.com/bqmb6
Bring back
the industry leading stability and performance that made Borland what it
was and what it can be.
yes - better tools for our toolboxes!

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:08:19 -0500, Captain Jake writes:
Adam Roslon <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
>NOBODY!!! Make a statement and go without a CEO. CEOs are extremely
>overrated

In this Sarbanes-Oxley world, that is probably not possible. Somebody at the
very top has to sign the final numbers authoritatively. Whether you call it a
CEO or whatever.
Oo, ooo. Make it a rotating position, sort of. Whoever shows up first (or
last <G>) each day gets to be CEO until COB.
Dan
--
www.newvague.com/tdis/index.html
Of course it is music. It has notes in it, doesn't it?

Re:Who will be Borland's next CEO?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
To pilot a ship you need a captain, in today's world that is supposed to be
the CEO.

Well then hire a captain not some glorified accountant, A high end
software company should be piloted by someone with a technical
background and a sense of what developers need not an MBA looking for
short term gains in the stock price.