Paradox password

2004-08-02 04:19:18 PM
delphi89
How to get into Paradox table what has a password set?

Re:Paradox password

I have used AddMasterword when creating tables before. My old
applications (created with Delphi 5) with this instruction works fine
but any new use of the statement creates an 'unknown identifier' problem
(Delphi 7). Where have they hidden this identifier as I'd like to
add passwords to my tables but cannot do this anymore.
Bennie Coetzer

Re:Paradox password

Do you mean Session.AddPassword? It works like it always has.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
Bennie Coetzer writes:
I have used AddMasterword

Re:Paradox password

No,
AddMasterpassword was used to create a password for the table as it was
created. Session password was used to access the table (At least that's
how I used it)
regards
Bill Todd writes:
Do you mean Session.AddPassword? It works like it always has.

Re:Paradox password

There was no such function/procedure in Delphi.
If you look at the BDE API help, there are some Delphi examples for the BDE
dbiDoRestructure API function. One of those examples shows how to create
an, "AddMasterPassword" procedure using the BDE API. Maybe you created this
procedure yourself, or were using a 3rd party library that had implemented
this procedure?
Regardless, if you look at the help for the BDE API, you should be able to
re-create this function. (Note that I am looking at Delphi 5, I am not sure
if the BDE API help file still ships with Delphi 7).

Re:Paradox password

Then I assume that you mean the AddMasterPassword function from
info.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbidorestructure.html
Which identifier is undefined? Can you post the source code for the
procedure and indicate the line that causes the error? There is no way
anyone can help you until we get a complete description of the problem,
the code the fails and the exact text of the error message.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email

Re:Paradox password

Hi
This works fine, even if compiled under Delphi 7.
NewTable.CreateTable; { create the table}
// Set the table PASSWORD
AddMasterPassword(NewTable, 'JoeSoap');
The problem is that when creating a new application it complains about
unknown identifier. I can only assume that I have to include a unit but
have no idea which one. I have tried all the visible ones in my old
applications but assume that this function was moved somewhere within
the Delphi environment.
I hope someone can help or else indicate how I can add passwords to
tables as i create them.
regards
Bennie
Bill Todd writes:
Then I assume that you mean the AddMasterPassword function from
info.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbidorestructure.html

Which identifier is undefined? Can you post the source code for the
procedure and indicate the line that causes the error? There is no way
anyone can help you until we get a complete description of the problem,
the code the fails and the exact text of the error message.

Re:Paradox password

AddMasterPassword does not exist in the VCL. That code is a sample of
how to use the appropriate BDE API calls. If you want to use
AddMasterPassword you must include the source code in your project.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email