software assurance?

2005-10-16 08:23:54 AM
delphi282
I've seen references in this ng to software assurance, or support and
maintenance, but cannot find this on shop.borland.com. Is this still an
active offering?
By the way, it is really hard to find what you're looking for on this site.
Hire someone with usability training to redesign it, please!
I stumbled on an offering for D2006, went somewhere else, then couldn't find
it again for a long time. It seems that Borland is offering Futures.
Jeremy

Re:software assurance?

Jeremy writes:

I've seen references in this ng to software assurance, or support and
maintenance, but cannot find this on shop.borland.com. Is this still an
active offering?
when you purchase a product you will automatically purchase SA. You have to
remove SA from your basket if you do not want it. SA must always be purchased
at the same time as the product.

By the way, it is really hard to find what you're looking for on this site.
Hire someone with usability training to redesign it, please!

I stumbled on an offering for D2006, went somewhere else, then couldn't find
it again for a long time. It seems that Borland is offering Futures.
They are not taking pre orders of D2006 yet.

Jeremy
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your

Re:software assurance?

Jeff, thanks. I did finally stumble into software assurance, which is of
course just as you say it is. Also, the 2006 is here:
shop.borland.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry17C&DSP=&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0
" Pre-order Delphi 2006 and receive a 15% discount off the list price
(special pre-order pricing good from 10/17 to 12/1)
The pro upgrade w/ assurance is exactly $700. I think this hit the site
yesterday.
Jeremy
"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

...>